10

Odette flew in the direction of King George's palace as quickly as her wings could carry her, hoping to reach it before night fell once more

Odette flew in the direction of King George's palace as quickly as her wings could carry her, hoping to reach it before night fell once more. While she and the Merry Men were in the village, she had gathered as much information as she subtly could, to know and be aware of what she was flying into. It was a bit of a surprise to find out the prince was in love with Snow White, at least as the rumours claimed.

But Odette didn't judge. She didn't know anything about the woman aside from the way she looked, and that was only due to all of the wanted posters that have been plastered all over the Enchanted Forest. If she judged someone based on the fact their face graced a wanted poster, well... she wouldn't have many friends at the moment. And Odette had no doubt, if it wasn't for George's need for secrecy, her own face would be one some too.

All she really cared about was repaying the favour she owed to the prince and keeping the promise she made of helping him should he ever need it. If there was any such time, Odette could only assume it would be now. What not many knew was that the man now imprisoned in King George's cell wasn't his son. And that meant he would not be spared from the full blow of the King's wrath. It was what made Odette worry for her friend even more.

So, she flew. Watching the sun as it moved, Odette made sure to be aware of the time. She could see the palace in the distance. And she wanted to reach it before the sun set. Flapping her wings faster, she sped up in those last moments, eyes scanning the surroundings and forest below her. It was how she managed to spot a group gathered together at the edge of the forest, observing the castle.

Odette stopped for a moment, floating in the air above them until she spotted a head of black hair and a familiar face. Even though she'd never met the woman in person, Odette knew her. And, based on the rumours that were now starting to seem even more true, Odette realized she wasn't the only one planning to help the trapped prince. And so, after a moment of deliberation, the swan descended from the sky and flew towards the group of ten.

"What in the world?" One of the dwarves muttered as he watched a large white swan land amongst the group. His voice managed to gain the attention of the rest of his companions, and soon, all had turned to look at Odette curiously.

"It's a swan." Snow White said, a smile on her face as she observed what she thought was simply a beautiful bird. It seemed to just stand there, watching each and every one of them carefully; as if it were evaluating and analysing the whole group. It was odd, not only for it to land among them, but also to not be scared of the humans surrounding it. But Snow decided to take it as a sign. A sign they would be successful tonight.

"I know what it is, sister, but what's it doing here? And why's it staring at us like that?" Another dwarf grumbled out his questions, an irked expression painting across his face. If she could, Odette would have laughed.

A woman wearing a dark red cloak stepped towards the animal, a small smile of amazement on her face as her hand extended. "It's quite pretty." She was about to kneel down, but as yet another dwarf spoke, his words made her hesitate.