IV. Chez le Père Lathuille

____

Edouard Manet1879____

Edouard Manet
1879
____

"WHAT is..."

"Brownies!" She smiled sweetly just as the dessert. "I'm not a very good cooker, but I've made some for my brother, and I believe these are too much of then this time..." because she was used to making brownies for Bree as well. She shaked her head to avoid those thoughts. "Anyway, I thought that maybe I could give you some, I mean, if you want to." She continued kindly "As a thanks for helping me."

"I shouldn't accept gifts from my patients, Ms.Mallory." Hannibal lecter judged the small chocolate brownies inside the transparent recipient she caried. "I am not doing a favor, it is my-"

"Your job? Yeah, I know, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve something sweet, right?" She insisted in a light humor. "Ah, come on, my arms are aching already."

He glanced at her, then at the brownies, repeated the process, but, even if he wanted to refuse, accepted it. It would be rude to refuse it, right? His fingers brushed hers lightly as she passed the recipient to him, her skin was softer, smoother than he expected it to be.

"Oh, and I've brought this" she took off his handkerchieff from the purse, looking almost new. "100% clean!" She offered it to him. Hannibal this time didn't take it.

"It's fine, you can keep it." He refused, while walking until his desk to put the brownies there.

Alice insisted once more and he still refused, saying that he already had others, so she could keep that one. He could be quite petty about his belongings.

Once he realized she has been staring at him for too long, he questioned her the reason with his eyes. "Oh, nothing...how are the brownies?" She asked with a small smile.

The thing is that he still seemed a bit unrealistic to her, from his manners to his style, and he was incredibly attractive in her point of view. So, sometimes she would just stop and stare, maybe daydream for a single second. Of course she wouldn't do anything further than that, he was her therapist after all.

Hannibal glanced once again at the brownies on the desk. He would have to prove them.

"I didn't poison you, doctor, calm down." She laughed walking towards the desk and grabbing one of them in her hands. "Will and Colin said they were delicious. I'll prove one, if you don't believe me."

"Will Graham?" Hannibal asked with interest, as she took a bite of the dessert. Alice nodded while chewing, unable to answer.

That's when she made a face, covering her mouth with her hands. They weren't as good as she believed, they seemed...crunchy, salty. "um..." she avoided eye contact "...bad news...I strongly think that I've mistaken sugar with salt." He tried hard not to laugh at her expression. "Good news is that they are still eatable...if you like salt stuff"