XVIII.The Great Wave off Kanagawa

____

Katsushika Hokusai1831____

Katsushika Hokusai
1831
____

//long chapter

"OH, hello there gorgeous, where have you been?"  Colin Mallory smiled as he watched his girlfriend enter his dorm, she was back at Stanford, as beautiful as ever, but also mysterious as never before. "You didn't answer any of my calls."

"I...I've been busy." She faked a sad expression as he looked around his room, it was incredible how she couldn't feel anything towards him, not a single sparkle at all. Nadira was like that after all, she ran away with her cousin to achieve that life of crime and greediness, living for the money, for the status. She didn't want a puppy love with a shy and scared boy, she wished more. "Colin..we need to talk."

"Um? Sure, yeah."He sensed something was bad, it was almost like during the time he broke up with Stacy when she called him alone and ended it all. "Take a seat please." He pulled a chair as a gentleman for her, that was Colin, she was raised by Alice and Bree that way, he was the boy of anyone's dreams, the perfect boyfriend anyone could ask for, but not Nadira. "Do you want anything to eat, I could buy-"

"My mother."She interrupted him at once. "She's sick, and it looks really bad."

Colin suspended his breath in silence for a moment. "I'm so sorry, babe, I-"

"My father is too old to take care of her, so Taye and I...we..."

"But your mother lives in Australia."He widened his eyes, feeling his heart pounding in his hands. No, Nadira's mother actually lived in Nashville, but she knew this day would come, the day when she'd finally fly free from that dreamlike boy, so Australia was the perfect location to scare him off.

"I know."Her eyes shined against his, she was just as a great actress as her cousin. "But..she's my mother Colin and I...I need to help her, I'm so sorry-"

"Can't Taye go by himself?" He allowed himself to be selfish, Colin became desperate. "W-What about college-"

"I already asked to be transferred to another in Sidney."She said, then slowly grabbed Colin's Hands in hers, they were trembling. "I know it's too sudden, I didn't wish for things to go this way, I love it here, I love being with you."She lied through her teeth. "But I need to go. I can't let her there."

Colin tried to nod, trying to give a light smile as his heart shattered again, he couldn't believe what was happening, how his heart was shattering, but he still tried to helplessly mend the broken pieces that fell.

"It's okay, we can Skype, I-I can visit you there, we-"

"Colin."  She cupped his face as if he was a child. "I can't keep you waiting for something it'll never happen." He tried to speak but she silenced him. "I'm going to Sidney, I will begin a new life there. And I..."She sighed. "I won't come back. Never again."