XII. Glistening Sea

____

Feodor Zakharov(1882 - 1967)

Feodor Zakharov
(1882 - 1967)

____

"HELLO Dr. Lecter"

"Hello, Will" Hannibal stood in front of the glass in his white inmate jumpsuit, he analyzed his old friend with deep attention, realizing how he has changed over those 3 years. "Did you get my note?"

"I got it. Thank you."

"Did you read it before you destroyed it?" Hannibal Lecter guessed. "Or did you simply toss it into the nearest fire?"

"I read it.."Will Graham admitted. "...and then I burnt it."

"And you came anyway."Hannibal stepped forward. "I'm glad you came. My other callers are all...professional. Banal psychiatrists and grasping second-raters. Pencil lickers."He mocked in disdain.

"I want you to help me, Dr. Lecter."Will changed the subject.

"Yes, I thought so."Hannibal said calmly. "Are we no longer on a first-name basis?" He teased.

"I'm more comfortable the less personal we are."

Hannibal remained silent for a moment, he looked at the agent up and down, analyzing him for a moment, even his clothes looked different, he looked good, like he was taking care of himself, unlike before, and putting the effort into it. The doctor sniffed.

"I smell dogs...and pine, and oil beneath that shaving lotion," Hannibal concluded. "It's something a child would select, isn't it?" Will felt his body freeze at his words. "Is there a child in your life, Will?"

Will discretely clenched his jaw, he wouldn't tell him the truth, and he wouldn't let him get into his head. Will only remained strong and looked into the doctor's eyes fiercely.

"I came about Chicago and Buffalo" He muttered.

"You've read about it." Hannibal continued their conversation."I've read the papers. I can't clip them. They won't let me have scissors."He joked in a dark note. "You want to know how he's choosing them?"

"Thought you would have some ideas."

Hannibal remained silent for just a second, realizing his true intentions. "You just came here to look at me."He realized. "Came to get the old scent again."He continued reading through him. "Why don't you just smell yourself?"

Will rolled his eyes at him and became annoyed by that behavior, he didn't want to play mind games, he was tired of that. He just wanted to finish that matter and go home to meet his family.

"I expected more of you, Doctor. That routine... is old hat."He mocked Hannibal instead, about to turn his back and leave.

"Whereas you are a new man."Hannibal completed. He looked at Will for a moment, thinking of better strategies to bring his walls down. "Are you a good father, Will?" Will Graham didn't move muscle. "I wonder who the mother of this child is..."Both of them exchanged passive-aggressive glances. Could he have discovered? "Let me have the file. An hour and we can discuss it like old times."