XVII. What the Water Gave Me

____

Frida Kahlo1938____

Frida Kahlo
1938
____

//long chapter

ALICE was nowhere to be found, and that, ladies and gentlemen, made the calm and serene, Hannibal Lecter finally panic. She was supposed to be there, after all, waiting for him, perphaps still mad, or sad, waiting to resolve that matter in a conversation, where he'd manage to switch up the game abd victimize himself so she would obey to him. But that didn't happen.

She wasn't there. She was nowhere. And that crescent fear overwhelmed his senses.

But wait. Maybe she was somewhere.

And somewhere, was in Will Graham's comfortable and warm sofa. "More hot chocolate?" Will smiled sweetly at the adorable woman he cherished, playing with the dogs and attentively trying to help him with that 1000+ pieces puzzle he got for chirstmas but never opened, well, he did now only to spoil her.

"You know the answer is yes." She chuckled as he gave her the warm cup again, as he sat down on the floor by her side, their shoulders brushing.

He was guilty to admit, but enjoyed that moment, enjoyed to have Alice around, by his side, with her brown hair falling down as dominoes above her gentle face and soft gaze. It was like she was made to be there, the missing part of his life.

"I think this one goes over there." He grabbed a small blue puzzle piece in his large hand.

"Are you sure? Doesn't look like it." She interjected.

"No, I'm sure." He set the piece at the narrowed space, applying some strentgh.

Alice giggled at his goofiness."It doesn't fit, Will."

"It fits, you'll see." He tried to change the position. "But it needs to go in here."

She laughed a bit more and he only stopped when he felt a smooth touch on his skin. Her hand landed on his. Their gazes locked at once, intensely sinking the brown into the blue. "Let's find the right spot, together." She whispered.

He held his breath, the eyes lingered down at her rosed lips as her hands held his softly. It was all quiet, serene and tender. It was perfect. Just them, the woods, the house, the warmness from the fireplace and the dogs laid around sleeping.

That was Will Graham's paradise.

"Yes." He whispered in a subtle nod. Alice noticed the tension, suddenly suspending her breath as well, but not moving away. "Yeah, let's do that." He leaned forward, with a clear goal, unable to lose that chance. "You didn't tell me yet." He had a smirk on his lips as he observed the puzzle. "Why did you paint us..."