VII.Praying Hands

____

Albrecht Dürer1508

Albrecht Dürer
1508

____

8 Months Before

THE doors opened abruptely, allowing the light enter the hospital room where machines beeped steadily along with his paced heartbeat.

The figure standed some inches away, observing attentive to the almost dead man lying on the white bed filled with vires that connected to his veins and heartbeat.

His sight was blurry until the figure stepped foward, slowly at first, then accurately to his sight, shaping itself into a young man with concerned gaze.

"Shit, you're really alive." The boy gasped watching his old friend confused.

He didn't have a moment to think, when he realized, the stranger hugged him tight, almost hurting and reopening the injuries. Just then he could recognize those dark brown strands, the same that resembled his sister's hair.

"...Colin?" Will mumbled as the bot gave him some space. His face was filled with tears, crying as he watched the man he used to admire now stuck in a bed. "You're...what are you doing here...?" He widendd his eyes suddenly. "Wait." His heart sunk in his chest. "Ali." He looked around agitated, worried as never before, realizing where he was. "Alice." His breath became hitched, ge tried to take off the wires stuck on his skin. "I need to find her-"

"Wait, Will! Will, you can't just leave! Dude you almost died!" Hannibal held him so he couldn't get out. Luckily, the agent was in too much pain to even sit still, so he reluctantly lied again on the bed.

Will sighed heavily, but wouldn't just forget what he seeked for. "Where is she?" He asked the boy. "Alice? Is she in the hospital as well? I need to see her."

"She.."Colin held the tears and took a deep breath. He needed to be strong. "She's missing, Will."

The agent paralyzed. The whole world seemed to stop at that moment. "What?"

"She disappeared." He explained. "The police arrived at Hannibal's house and found you and that Jack Crawford alive. Besides that, there was no sign of Ali..."His gaze turned into a dark, angry one. "...neither of that creep..."

Will analyzed the ceiling, while the many possibilities passed through his mind. Could Hannibal have killed her too? Could he have...eaten her? The thought gave him chills. No, Hannibal wouldn't do that. He adored Alice. Adored her as a Goddess, as a religion. No, eat her would never be enough. He needed to worship, value her.