IXX. The Great Red Dragon...

____

William Blake1805 - 1810

William Blake
1805 - 1810

____

TRAGEDIES destroy and unite people. They can be considered a curse to some, while a blessing to others. It comes suddenly, without warning, and erases anything in their way. They can be the motive to stay awake at night, and overthinking at day. Either way, there's only a clear conclusion of it: you can't escape.

But you might aswell overcome then.

That's how it felt when Blanche disappeared. When the Graham's family future turned dark. When hope seemed suddenly lost.

Alice Mallory that night could barely breathe, she only continued wandering, walking, until she decided to make a call.

"Hello?" The serene velvet voice replied across the line. She didn't reply, was too schocked to do anything. "Hello?" He asked once again, as they both continued silent for a moment. "...Alice?" Hannibal's guess made the tears breakdown her cheeks in small soft gasps. The sound made his heart suddenly ache, his eyes open wide. "Alice? Did something happen?" She didn't reply, only sobbed. "Alice, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" He became desperate. "Where are you?" He asked nervous. "Lissy, please...please answer me."

"He...took her..."Alice finally mumbled. He continued perplexed. "....he took her, Hanni....she's...blanche..."

The nickname and the fragile tone of her voice stabbed his soul. The realization finally hit him. "Is she...?"

"Will said the dragon took her...in order to make you both meet him." She covered her mouth in horror. "I'm..."She took a deep breath. "Hannibal..."Her lips trembled, the sensation was too horrible to bear it. "....I'm...I'm so scared..."

He took a deep sigh across the line, if only he could get through that phone and hug her, if only he could clean and wipe away her tears...

"I won't lie to you." He softly established. "Your daughter is in danger. There is a high risk of no survival." Alice whimpered across the line. "But that doesn't mean that will happen."

"You can't be sure..."She shaked her head in pain.

"I know you have no reasons to believe me. That I'm the one who you trust mostly now.."Her sobs crushed his bones and squeezed his brain, it was almost too much to handle. Alice's sadness was his deadliest poison. "But I promise you...I'll do anything, and everything to keep your daughter safe." He whispered at last, pouring all his sincerity and letting aside his coldness for a moment. "I'll bring her back to you safe. Did you hear me?"

Alice paused her sobs for a moment, still processing the information inside her head, letting it achieve her heart slowly.

"...why would you do that?" She mumbled incredulous at his vow.