XVI.The Mystery of Light

____

Sydney Laurence(1865-1945)____

Sydney Laurence
(1865-1945)
____

THE stars were hidden in that full bloody moon night, maybe because they already knew about the monster who creeped into the shadows and the bliss of the snow in order to capture innocent hearts and stab them until death in order to purse his desire.

That was supposed to be a safe area, a sanctuary an ex agent found to raise his family and live a happy life by his wife's and daughters side. But that wasn't the case anymore. Not when an old rival, an ancient enemy and friend, seduced the monster into pursuing the lives of innocents only to fulfill his desire and experiment in order to know the truth.

And there they were now, careful steps into the white, fading and mixing with the mud, becoming black, as a mask covered the monster's full face, letting only a hitched, short breath that was almost unoticeable escape through the tiny spaces in the fabric.

The creature that had a man's figure, once called Francis Dolarhyde, but now so called The Great Red Dragon, entered the Graham's home in secret, carefully stepping into the darkness in search of the lives that were asleep into the house.

Luckily, or maybe not, Colin Mallory had a fragile sleep, after all his family went through, either with Edgar Mallory or Hannibal Lecter, he learned that he should never let his guard down for anyone. And, as a miracle sent by God, he could hear to a soft crack in the wood, almost as a step into their home.

The Mallory brother immediatly got up from his bed, careful enough to don't makw any noise as he headed straight to his niece's room. Blanche Graham slept peacefully, her rounded were cheeks covered in saliva that dripped from her heavy sleep, and her tiny sparkling eyes were closed as a little angel.

He delicately grabbed the girl in his arms, trying his best not to wake her up, since it would only make things harder if she did, and searched for his phone, but when he was about to return to his room, he heard the steps crawling in the absence of light.

He made another path, hid behind one of the dorms, and held his breath as the monster passed on the hallway with a heavy breathing that made his heart speed as lightning. Colin knew there was something wrong, and he needed to do something fast.

He decided to let the phone there, calling or making noise would attract the creature and wake up blanche. He needed to think wiser on what his next step would be. That's when he saw the porch outside, the small balcony led to an underneath area that as suspended and where he could hid with his niece underneath the wood.

But for that, he'd have to cross the house and get to the largest window in the living room.

With a pressuring air that shut down his ears, Colin walked on his tip toes, slowly leavibg his previous shelf to another, as his cold feet touched the wooden floor and tried to be as fast as possible in that speed.