X.Adieu

____

Alfred Gillou1892____

Alfred Gillou
1892
____

//long chapter

WILL GRAHAM couldn't distinguish hallucinations from reality anymore. Everything started to twist and blur as the blades slowly tried to make their way toward his brain, as the muffled cries and whimpers from his friends echoed in the air. That would be his end. In front of Jack Crawford, his partner over the years in the FBI, by the hands of Hannibal Lecter, the human monster who awakened his long-sleeping instincts to become who he is, and looking into Alice Mallory's eyes, the only person who showed him what happiness was, the woman he loved with all his heart and the perfect last vision before he let death's cold arms wrap around him.

That seemed like a bittersweet way to die. But he was willing to accept it at that moment.

But fate wouldn't let their ending come so soon. No, not yet.

The apartment's doors were forced open, and multiple men wielding guns arrived, aiming at Lecter, who had to stop his exercise and turn off the machine.

One of them was a cop from the Italian police, and when Jack spot him, he instantly called for help. "Sono
un ufficiale dell' FBI!" He called. Alice only watched the men silently, as they made their way toward Hannibal and Will. "Ascoltami!" Jack asked.

The officers surrendered Hannibal and made him drop to his knees, hands on the back of his head, as the others also aimed at Will, watching for any movement.

"I believe he isn't here for an arrestment, Jack..."Alice muttered, realizing the situation.

"The signora is correct." The policeman, also called Commendator Benetti, assured with an evil smooth smirk across his mustache. He then nodded to one of his men, and the staff used the back of his gun to hit the back of Hannibal's head, making him fall to the ground unconscious.

"No!" Alice yelled in a high-pitched and suffering scream.

"Take Lecter and this one. He'll pay us to double for both." The commendator ordered and the man put black bags on both Will and Hannibal's heads, taking them away as mere objects at their disposal. "There's no price on your head, Signor Crawford. So..." the man mocked.

"Hannibal Lecter, il Mostro di Firenze, narrowly escapes La Questura." Jack Crawford muttered creating a theory. "That's how the story goes?"

"Missed him by this much." The man showed a small portion with his thumb and his indicator finger. "The good Doctor Lecter is once more in the wind. But he left two last victims." He grinned at the two. "Open them the way Lecter opened the other one." He noticed Jack's caring stare at Alice. "Start with the woman."

"No!" Jack yelled and tried to free himself.

"Arrivederci." The man disappeared with some of his steps and the two friends, leaving Alice and Jack at 4 men's mercy.