VIII.The Storm

____

Pierre-August Cot1880____

Pierre-August Cot
1880
____

ALANA Bloom changed her life as she started working for the Verger family in order to find Hannibal to makw him pay for his crimes. In this meantime she developed a relationship with Margot, but also helped her creepy order in his plans to capture the cannibal he wished to avenge himself.

"A receipt from a Florentine fine grocer,
Vera Dal 1926, for two bottles of Bâtard-Montrachet and some tartufi bianchi." Alana Bloom explained while showing him some notes of her research. "And another" She delivered more receipts "and another, and another." She crossed her aems confident of her work. "Once a week, for the last three months, a brunette woman has been making the exact same purchase. And she always pays cash." Alana Bloom deduced. "She's shopping for Hannibal."

Mason Verger lifted his eyebrows and tried to form a sinister smile in his deformed half eaten  "Bravo"

▫️

The Palazzo Capponi was calm as always, Alice analyzed one of the latest acquisitions, a green emerald painting that contrasted with the uncolored room. She seemed quite professional now, her clothes were classic, in a slim suit that matched with husband's when they wete close. She was doing very well on her job, everything was great...until that call.

"Mrs. Fell?" A voice suddenly awakened her.

"Yes?" She asked, looking at the middle aged man with slight grey beard who came forward. She has never seen him there before.

"I am Inspector Rinaldo Pazzi from the Questura di Firenze." He showrd his credentials. Alice felt bad shivers run down her spine. "I was wondering if I could talk to your husband. Is he here?"

She took in a discrete deep breath. That couldn't be good. "Not at the moment." She replied confidently in a polite smile on her burning red painted lips. "Would you like to leave a message?"

They exchanged quiet glances for a moment, almost as if they both knew what was happening already.

"I've heard you impressed the members of the Capponi with your art, is that true? The  Transfiguration, in 3 hours, right? Wow..."

"Yes, that is correct." She gave a polite smile again. That conversation was unbearable, she needed to take that man out of there before Hannibal arrived. "Are you here because of Professor Sogliato's disappearence?" She made a fake concerned face. "Have you got any news? All of us are very...eager to know what happened, he was extremely admired."

"As far as I'm aware, Mrs.Fell you and your husbamd may have been the last one to speak with Professor Sogliato." He searched for any evidence inside her gelid blue eyes. "Signor Albizzi, tells me no one has spoken to Professor Sogliato since he declined your invitation to dinner." Alice held her hands behind her back feeling aprehensive. "He's the second to have
disappeared from the Palazzo."