XIII. The Masks Fear

___

Dario Puggioni2016____

Dario Puggioni
2016
____

//long chapter

"WILL?" She asked surprised. "What are you doing here?"

He blinked twice, trying to process what happened, as if he had just awaken from a trance. His surroundings were unfamiliar, just moments before he was with the FBI at the beach, investigating a human token, and now he was at Alice's doorstep.

"What am I doing here?" He asked still schocked, spotting the concerned brunette in front of him.

"That's what I'm asking..." She noticed something strange in his behavior.

"I...don't remember." Will muttered scared. "I don't remember coming here." He stuttered, realizing he had no idea of what was happening "I was on a beach, in Graftom, in Virginia..."

"That's three hours from here." Alice said, now aware that he in fact didn't remember how he got there. "God...Will..." she sighed "Come in."

"No-"

"I said: come in." She demanded, pulling his arm.

Alice told him to sit down at the sofa while she prepared a warm cup of tea for him. The atmosphere seemed way more comfortable inside, it was welcoming, a total contrast from the hainting and bloody beach he was moments before.

The smell of mint filled the apartment, as he rubbed his eyes, trying to stabilize himself, accept the present moment.

Alice looked over the window as the water boiled, his car was parked outside, she concluded he drove all the way until here, but he didn't remember it for some reason.

"Here." she came back a with the drink, as he tried to warm his cold hands on the porcelain.

Alice sat by his side on the sofa, holding her Water Lillies cup on her hands, she could remember Hannibal giving it to her: "Franklyn was drinking coffee with this at his last session, I believe he would like for it to stay with you."

He took a sip of the drink, letting the liquid slowly sink into his body, as his mind paced slowly.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Alice asked calmly.

"There's something wrong with me." He muttered with his eyes locked on the polished up floor.

"Should I call Hannibal?"

"No." He shaked his head. "The last thing I want right now is someone telling me what to do" He refused.

"But he might help you-"

"Alice, no." Will said serious. He took a deep breath and sighed heavily. "I'm sorry...I'm just..."

"Tired." She suggested, watchibg the dark circles around his eyes and his vulnerable oisture by her side. The man by her side eas breaking down. "You are not okay, Will."