Chapter 33- A goodnight sleep

In the dead midnight at the academy, there were crickets chirping, a few creeks of the floor every now and again, bots getting recharge, and a teacher with some work to do still awake. Suddenly, a young femme bot awoke. She saw her carrier still asleep but was unable to see her sire anywhere. Alexandra had a feeling she knew where Heatwave might be.

Alexandra's thoughts: Where is daddy? Ohhhh... I know!

Alex quickly but quietly got out of her small berth, and went to find her sire. She had learned how to be quiet from her mother. She would sometimes sneak out of her berth to find her 'Bubba' as she called him. 'Bubba' is what she calls Hotshot. It means brother. That's what she considered him as. However, this time she was finding her dad. She slowly Crept down the hall, past Hotshots room. She saw that he was still awake, doing some homework. She made a small change of plans.

She decided to make her presents known. Little did she know, Hotshot was fully aware that she was near. Hotshot's audio receptors never deceived him.

"Bubba?" Alexandra said loud enough for Hotshot to hear.

Hotshot: Hey yah little ninja. Why you awake in the middle of the night? It's 12:17.
(Little ninja is Hotshot's nickname for Alexandra.)

Alexandra: Did wou awedy know ah was her?
(Did you already know I was here?)

Hotshot: Hmm!

Alexandra: Ofcurse you dwid.
(Of course you did.)

Hotshot, along with Shift, is the only one who can understand her words at all times. Her parents and Medix can understand her sometimes but not all the time.

Hotshot: So. Why are you awake? Did you have a nightmare, or were you unable to fall asleep?

Alexandra: Nwo... I fink dad is stwill awak! I cin swence at!
(No... I think dad is still awake! I can sense it!)

Hotshot: I know. He does this a lot. Are you worried about him?

Alexandra: Yesh... (Yes...)

Hotshot: I am too. Were you about to convince him to go to bed but decided to talk to me first?

Alexandra: Yeah.

Hotshot: What do you say we go convince him to sleep?

Alexandra: Ya! Woo have tu go tu sweep too aftwa! (Yah! You have to go to sleep too after!)

Hotshot: Same to you. Please be quiet though. My team's rooms are near mine!

Alexandra: But evwey woom her is swoundpwoof! (But every room here is soundproof!) (This is true. In my AU, every room in the academy has the ability to become soundproof, by command. There are three buttons for soundproof; soundproof from outside, soundproof from inside, and both. Most people use it for personal reasons, or when they're about to go to sleep.)

Hotshot: Medix is closest to me, he never puts his room on soundproof from the outside in case there's is an emergency, and he needs to hear the alarm. He wakes everyone who can't hear it, up. I also leave mine off.

Alexandra: Oh! Otay! (Oh! Okay!)

Hotshot: Good. Let's go to Heatwave's office before we wake up anyone.

"Okay!" Alexandra said with a huge smile.

Alexandra and Hotshot exited the room. They were walking towards Heatwave's office until;

Both: Chuck?

TLC (Tough luck Chuck): H-hi!

Hotshot: Aren't you supposed to be at your charging station?

TLC: Ye-No!

Hotshot: Ohhhh. You're malfunctioning.

TLC: Ye-No!

Hotshot: I need to put you back in your charging station!

TLC: O-okay!

       After putting Chuck where he was
                         supposed to be:

Alexandra: Was he otay? (Was he okay?)

Hotshot: Yeah. I'll ask Hoist and Medix to fix him tomorrow.

Alexandra: K.

They continued walking to Heatwave's office. When they were almost there, Hotshot picked up Alexandra as she was starting to get tired. They then arrived.

"Heatwave?" Hotshot said questioningly.

Heatwave: Hotshot?! Why are you- and Alexandra?! Both of you are supposed to be asleep!?

Alexandra: Daddy! We wewr wowwied abut ywo!

Heatwave: *Mouthing to Hotshot* 'What did she say?'

Hotshot: We were worried about you!

Heatwave: Ah. Thank you, but I am fine. Both of you should go back to recharge.

Hotshot: Not until you do the same. Right, Alex?

Alexandra: Yuh! (Yeah!)

Hotshot: See? You need sleep!

Heatwave said nothing.

Hotshot & Alexandra: Pleeeeeease?!

Heatwave: Fine...

Heatwave put his work away, walked over to them, and took Alexandra from Hotshot. The little ninja just happily hugged her sire as he held her. Hotshot just watched as the two hugged, then joined in as he was getting tired. He and Alexandra both fell asleep during the hug, leaving Heatwave to take them to bed. Heatwave was still happy to be taking care of his kids. He didn't care what others would say, Hotshot is his kid too. Not by energon, but by actions. He took them both to bed then did the same with himself, making sure Quickshadow and Alex were okay first.

He was gonna have a great day.