Chapter 46- Scorch's multi-cog

Suggestion: @Sashaweeb0

This takes place in year 7 (future AU lasts from year 6 and up

This takes place in year 7 (future AU lasts from year 6 and up.)

Optimus was taking a stroll in a unstable mine that had some minerals that have been described as energon. As he was walking along the wall, with Ratchet beside him in case of emergency or needing backup, Ratchet pointed out a corner of a gray box, sticking out of some rubble. "What do you think it is, old friend?" Optimus asked. "It's probably just some trash that the humans left behind. You can go check it out if you want to." Ratchet responded. Optimus headed over to the rubble, next to the box. He cleared the rubble and then realized what it was.

"It's a multi cog box!" Optimus said, sounding excited. "How many more are out there?!" Ratchet asked, baffled. "I don't believe I know, but who should we give it to if it is functional?" Optimus asked. "Well, let me test it first, to make sure that it does work, then maybe you can walk around Cybertron to try and find the correct, new owner." Ratchet answered. "Good idea, old friend." Optimus responded.

The two headed to the academy to test the multi cog to see if it worked. Optimus decided that another way to figure out who deserved a multi cog was to ask around. He most certainly wanted to give it to someone that was around the recruits' (who aren't really recruits anymore) age. Someone that wouldn't have a problem with attending the academy as a teacher but would still have a lot to learn. Someone who already knew a lot about rescuing.

As he was walking around, he saw Hotshot with Addylynn and Maddylynn, trying to show them what the academy was like when he was a student. "Can you show us one of the simulations that you did when you were younger?" The Prime heard Maddylynn ask. "Sure. Give me one second to find one! In the meantime, how about you ask Optimus why he's been in the doorway, waiting for something?" Hotshot said, knowingly. "May I ask, how did you know I was here? You did not glance at me at all." Optimus asked. "It's called; I have amazing ears." Hotshot said, still locating a certain simulation.

Addylynn walked up to Optimus, as the Prime bent down, closer to her level. "Do you need anything, Mr. Pax?" Addylynn asked, being a bit formal. "Me and my medic have found another multi cog. If it works, then I would like to find somebody around your sire's age who would take it, and be happy to attend this academy as a teacher who already knows a lot about rescuing, but still has a lot to learn as well." Optimus explained.

"Scorch. He fits all those expectations. He likes kids, so he enjoys teaching a lot. He's a year and six months older than me, so he's still around my age, if he ends up not working out, then give it to Brushfire. But I know that teaching is Scorch's dream job, especially teaching about how to save, rescue, and help. However, you would have to let his team join too. You know, Mock, Glow, Nate, and Nathaniel." Hotshot explained.

"Ah. Good idea, Hotshot." Optimus said, as Ratchet ran in. "It works! It's fully functional!" Ratchet said, somewhat excited. "Well, I suppose I should take your advise, Hotshot, and see if Scorch would be up to this responsibility. Do your know where he is?" Optimus asked, taking the multi cog. "He's at the high school that's near his house. The school is on fire, so he's helping some of the teenagers get to safety." Hotshot explained. "Thank you, Hotshot. I will be on Cybertron, trying to find him." Optimus informed.

Later on, after Optimus headed to Cybertron, he found Scorch helped some younglings out of the burning building. Optimus stayed back to observe Scorch and his team being rescuers, and saving younglings. He saw Scorch run out of the building with a high schooler that was looked similar to one of his teammates that have the name of Nate. Speaking of Nate, he ran out of the building to make sure the youngling, which he heard was in fact Nathaniel, was alright. He was okay, so he helped his brother and the team get his other friends out.

After things calmed down, when the fire was out, everyone was reported to be safe, most of the creators had come to pick up their younglings, and some of the younglings had left on their own, Optimus headed over to Scorch and his team to present him with his new multi cog.

After one of Optimus's famous speeches, Scorch and his team were delighted to become teachers at the academy. Nathaniel was just an assistant though, due to age requirements. He had to attend a couple years at the academy, which was fine with him, since his original team, Gabey, Aabey, and Stary Night are with them in the future AU, because I exist.

And that, my dear viewers, was how Scorch joined the academy, I hope you enjoyed!

853 words