Smile is gone

A few weeks later

I didn't go to the bar for a while, just never felt like it anymore. It had been 2 or 3 weeks now so I decided I'd go back, just to see Smile again.

The shock I got when Tim wasn't there. Instead this young man, with long, black hair walked on. He was gorgeous, and then another new face, with long brown hair. Of course Roger and Brian were still there.

"Hey guys, we've uh..got a few new faces tonight" Brian says, gesturing to the 2 boys.

"This is John Deacon, who will be our new bass player."

The crowd cheered for him as he gave a little wave out the the small audience.

"And Freddie Buls..Bulsara, our new lead singer"

Not a single cheer in the room.

"And uh..obviously me, and Roger, biggest of them all"

Silence fell...

"Where's Tim!?"

"Who's the paki!?"

There were shouts all across the bar. It made my heart sink, they haven't even heard him.

I could here Roger giving Freddie a little whisper, telling him it was time to start.

When the music started, the spirits were shifted in the bar. No more silence, and a lot of cheering. Freddie's voice was amazing! It is one of the most angelic voices I've ever heard.

At the end of the show I ended up going round the back. I hadn't seen Roger in a while, and I wanted to see how he was doing.

I walked out the bar slowly, as to not disturb anything that might have been going on.

Roger noticed me instantly and came over for a big hug. He had told the others about me but they had obviously never actually met me.

"Oh yes Y/N! This is the rest of the band. Freddie here.."

"Hello darling" he said, looking you up and down

"And brian.."

"Hey, how's it going?"

"And John."

"Hello" he smiled at you, but quickly turned away.

"Hello! I'm Y/N!"

"So how do you know Roger? He's only ever spoke of you a few times?" Brian said, not really looking up.

"Well one night when I was here I crashed from being so drunk, so he took me back to his and I ended up staying the night."

"Ahh yes, he's told us that actually, there isn't many girls he takes home on the first night" Brian winks at you in a cheeky way.

Roger nudged him, as if to tell him to stop.

I spent a lot of time with them tonight. We went out for coffee after a while, though it was hard finding a place because it was so late. I actually got really close with them all!

Although I loved them all equally and all for different reasons, Roger was a bit different. Last time I was in love he ended up cheating, so I've tried not to. But Roger..he was, different.

When we'd finished having coffee we all agreed it was time to go home. Me and Brian lived on the same street, so I walked with him. On the way when we were talking, he brought up Roger.

"You know, Roger says you have a special place in his heart Y/N..he hasn't said that in a while."

I wasn't sure whether or not to believe him or if he was trying to find out how I felt about him. If I'm honest I truly did love him, but I pushed it aside. I couldn't let what happened happen again.

"Well I'm sure he can deal with that" I said, maybe a bit to coldly..

"You're a bit bitter aren't you..you seemed nice enough with the others?"

"Stuff just happened..okay?"  I said, softly.

He left it at that. I got to my house and went inside, saying good bye to Brian before entering.

I did love Roger. But with what happened before... I didn't want to let that happen again. I couldn't stand it.

-Roger's POV-

I loved her. She was so nice...I wish I'd had longer with her. But just me and her. Alone..just even to talk to her alone and not have to worry about the others being there would be great.