Chapter 4

~~~

~~~

A few minutes later, Prentiss informs us that the old woman is in the house and they found blooded clothes, albums with photos and souvenirs from the victims.

Meanwhile, I call Penelope and I ask her to check traffic cameras or any camera she could find in the neighborhood for any signs of the van.

She finds an ATM camera that shows a dark van passing 2 minutes ago. Hotch and I return to the car and head there while Penelope checks for more footage.

Two blocks away, I notice the van parked in a dark alley. It looks empty; no one is in the driver's seat. Hotch stops in front of it and we get out of the car with our guns up.

I take the handle of the side door and with his nod I open it quickly. A guy jumps out from the other side and starts running. I run for a bit while pointing my gun and I shoot once.
Left leg.

I get to him and I step on his chest with my stiletto heel and my gun pointed at his face. "Well, hello there. I should have aimed for the bone actually but I didn't want to have you crying out here"

"Barnes" Hotch calls and hands me a pair of handcuffs.

I kick the guy over and I cuff him as I tell him his rights. Back up arrives and they take him to the station.
"Congratulations. First case, first arrest" Hotch says

"You arrested the guy in these?" JJ asks looking at my stiletto heels

"She even ran after him" Hotch adds

"I'm used it. It's fine" I reply.

I am lying. Sure, I can walk in heels all day due to my first job, but I can't run in them ! I just wanted to look like a badass to him. My feet are killing me!

Despite that I made the arrest and brought the guy in without any signs of pain. And the best part was when I walked in front of detective Bennett.

It is pretty late so we decided to fly tomorrow morning and kind of earn some hours off. As soon as I close my room's door I sit down and knock my shoes off.

I change into my pyjamas and I lie down but someone knocks on my door. I sigh and I get up to answer.
"Detective. What are you doing here?" I ask

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior the last two days". His tone doesn't sound apologetic.

"Ok. Sure. Apology accepted" I say and I move to close the door. He puts his foot in between stopping me.

"Why such hurry?"

"How did you find my room? Did you follow me here?"

"I asked the front desk"

"No, they know that our names and rooms can't be shared"

"Right. Ok, I just happened to see you come in. That's all"

"If that was all, then why did you lie about it?". He doesn't respond.
"Agent Prentiss is right next door, Agent Morgan is two doors down, Agent Hotchner is in the room right behind you. Don't do anything you'll regret"