Chapter 44

~~~

~~~

In honor of finally getting cleared to drive, I decided to visit the bureau where I haven't been to in almost 6 weeks. Child Abductions is currently on a case in LA, but the BAU is here.

So I get a visitor's ID and I head to the 6th floor. But I get stopped as soon as I exit the elevator
"Oh my God, you're back! I didn't know when you'd be back! No one told me you were coming back so soon!" Penelope talks as she hugs me

"Thank you for the warm welcome but I'm not here to work" I inform her and I point at my visitor's badge

"Then what are you doing here? You're supposed to be resting"

"I came to see you"

"Aww..." she hugs me again.
"I'm sorry I haven't seen you in the last week. It's been very busy"

"Don't worry, I know" I reassure her

"Great. Lets go see the others" she takes my hand and we go in the bullpen.
"Look who I caught!" she says excited.

The wishes and hugs begin, which I gladly welcome. It's not like I haven't seen them at all in the last 6 weeks, they've all come by once or twice by the house, but it's different here. It's like I'm back to work; to normal.

I glare towards Aaron's office and I notice from the window that it's empty.
"Do you know where my soon-to-be husband is?" I ask. They already know about the proposal because I sent a pic of my ring to everybody.

"Meeting. He should be back soon" Rossi answers

"Soon-to-be husband?" Reid asks confused

"Yes, Spence, I told you that they got engaged" JJ reminds him

"No, you didn't. I'd remember it if you did" he says

"I told you that Hotch finally popped the question"

"What does that even mean?" he asks, causing us all to laugh.

As I laugh, I feel Aaron's hand wrap around my shoulders and a kiss on my head.
"What are you doing here?" he asks

"I got cleared to drive this morning. Do you have a minute?" I ask

"Of course" he answers and we go to his office. Like always, he closes the blinds before we start anything.
"So, I'm guessing everything went ok in the doctor's appointment" he says

"Yes. And because I know how busy you've been this past week, I took this opportunity to bring you some hot lunch" I say as I leave the bag on his desk.
"I made your favorite lasagna, there is also a side of salad and I put the dressing separate so it doesn't get soggy by the time you eat"

"You're a goddess" he says and kisses me.
"I'm sorry I have been home only for sleep these days"

"That's ok. It's the job, we both know it. I'm never going to hold that against you" I reassure him.
"I better leave you back to it in hopes you'll finish early" I suggests