Chapter 6

~~~

~~~

I don't know how much time it took me to fall asleep. But I wake up to the opposite side I slept to and a weight over my waist.

It is nice, strong and comforting though. It's like it's protecting me. Without thinking and with my eyes still closed, I snuggle a little closer to it. Whoever it is, they smell amazing.

I have to go to work...
We have a case...
Wait, I am at work... Idaho...
Not enough rooms...
Hotch!

My eyes fly open and I cover my mouth in order to stay quiet. My heart starts racing but my body is frozen.
My leg! My leg is intertwined with his.

I pull my leg back slowly. No reaction.
I move my body away from his, being careful to not drop his hand yet.

Before I could escape his grip, a sigh escapes his lips and he turns to his other side. I am free now.

I get out of bed and I let out a shaky breath. I pick up my watch and I look at the time. 5:40 am.
I slept for 5 hours, wow...

I take my things and I go to the bathroom to get ready. I do my makeup and I return to the room to pick what to wear.
Black or burgundy? Burgundy.

Burgundy suit, black top and my watch. I pick up my purse and I leave the room quietly.

When I returned with coffee and breakfast, Hotch was coming out of the bathroom.
"Good morning" I say

"Good morning. Everything ok?" he asks almost worried

"Yeah, I went out for coffee and breakfast. You got dinner, I got breakfast" I answer

"Oh, thank you. You didn't have to"

"I know. But I was up early, got ready and thought I should treat you today" I reply as I leave them on the table.

He smiles and takes his coffee. He takes a sip and looks at me. "Well, I'm gonna get ready. You don't have to wait, you can go ahead and get started. I'll see you there" he says

"I think I'll do that" I reply and he nods.

I collect the case files we had laid on the table and he locks himself in the bathroom to change.

That's when something gets into my left eye. I try rub it gently in order to get the eyelash or whatever got in it out. After a few tries, I wasn't so gentle anymore and my eye contact fell out.

I frown and I try to put it back in my eye. I didn't use a mirror because there is no mirror in the room except the bathroom and I don't really need it anymore.

When I manage to get it in, I try to open my eye but I can't keep it open and it's getting watery. I must have put it the wrong way.

"Fuck..." I curse under my breath. I try to get it out but I can't keep my eye open enough to grab the contact.