Chapter 36

~~~

~~~

I started work a couple weeks ago, and I'm tired, because I'm still getting used to the long hours again. I hear the front door unlock and my eyes snap open. That's when I realize that I must have fallen asleep on the couch a couple of hours ago.

"Hello" I hear Aaron's voice

"Hi" I reply as I rub my eyes.

He is taking off his jacket and loosening his tie as I walk to him, still a bit sleepy and I hug him.

I had to travel as well for a couple of days, so we haven't see each other all week.
"I love you. I missed you" I say

"I missed you too" he replies and kisses my head.
"Were you sleeping?" he asks

"I was actually waiting for you but I guess I fell asleep" I answer

"If you're tired, I don't want to hold you up" he reassures me

"Yeah, I'm a little tired. I came back a few hours ago, I started making dinner, in the meanwhile finally organized the closet, finished dinner, showered, ate because I was starving and then I was waiting for you" I answer

"Thank you" he kisses my lips.

"I left the rest of the dinner in the oven so it'd stay warm. When you're done, please put the leftovers in the fridge"

"I will. Go to bed" he kisses me again before letting go. He didn't have to tell me twice. I got to bed and fell asleep immediately.

The next morning, I woke up first around 11 am. I was surprised that Aaron was still dead asleep next to me by that time. I shut my eyes again and I stay close to him for a bit.

I miss him every time we leave for work, because neither of us know if we'll see each other again at night or next week. And with this whole sadist-from-my-past-coming-for-me thing, we haven't been able to have much quiet alone time.

Some time later, I can tell he is waking by his breathing pattern changing. So I snuggle closer to him and he wraps his arms around me without hesitation.

"Good morning" he whispers and kisses my head. At the sound of his voice, I feel my pussy throb. But I ignore it because it's not the first time.

"It already is" I reply and he smiles.
"But I have a confession to make; I hate my current job. I hate being in the office all day, I hate not being in the field as often and I hate not having time with you"

"And I hate that they've put you in Strauss' position to turn you into bait" he admits

"Yeah. But I decided that I'm not going to let Welker drive me insane and bring my life upside down" I say and I kiss him.

"I love you" he kisses me again

"I love you too".

He deepens the kiss and I welcome his tongue in my mouth. He wraps his arms around me and helps me to get on top of him. It's been so long that I am already getting wet.