Chapter 7

~~~

~~~

Her POV
As the days went on, mine and Hotch awkwardness around each other faded and we never talked about that morning in the motel again. It's been almost a week from then.

Tonight is another sleepless night in a hotel room, alone. Case files spread on the bed, laptop on my legs, a pen in my right hand to keep notes and some chocolate in my left hand, as I snack on small pieces.

I don't have the healthiest lifestyle. I run mostly on take-out's, ramen packs, energy drinks and coffee. But that's why I am killing myself in the gym every other day.

His POV
There is no way she's sleeping right now. And I can't fall asleep either. I've been having trouble not thinking about her since that morning. Many times, I even find myself staring at her.

But we were clear; there are protocols and we both know them. Relationships between Agents that work in the same department bring trouble. And it definitely won't have a good impact to her career if Strauss finds out.

I hear a door close from the outside and a few seconds later someone knocks on my door.

"Sir. I think I found--" she freezes as soon as I open the door
"I think I found something" she completes her sentence and shows me the laptop in her arms.

"Come in" I say opening the door further for her.

That's when I notice her shorts that stop right under her ass.
Focus man...

"So, we think that the unsub is killing and stealing money from random people that were playing at casinos" she starts as she sits down and opens her laptop

"Yes, we found security footage of each victim from different casinos in the area. But Garcia didn't find someone close to them during their time there" I remind her, crossing my arms as I stand above her

"Well, I went over everything again and I found a guy that was in the first tape and I think that he makes an appearance in the third tape too but this time he has shaved his beard" she explains as she shows both to me in different tabs next to each other.

I lean over her to take a better look.
She smells amazing.

"It looks like it could be the same guy but what about the second and fourth victims?" I ask

"Here is the thing. Number 1 and Number 3 were killed behind the casino they were at that last night. But victim Number 4, the latest victim, was killed somewhere else and then dumped behind his hotel. What if they knew and were staying with the unsub in that hotel?
"Think about it. Unsub has lost money and returns to the hotel disappointed, victim returns having won some money, he gets angry, kills him, takes the money and dumps him behind the hotel. We profiled that he'll start getting sloppy; he already has".

"Did you send Garcia the these two clips to ID?" I ask

"I did before coming to you. I also asked her to check the hotel cameras again for him. I'm waiting for her call any minute" she answers and looks up at me