Chapter 48

~~~

~~~

A gentle rub on my arm pulls me out of my sleep. I take in a deep breath and I stretch. I open my eyes as I let that breath out.

"Good morning" I say, turning towards Aaron

"Good morning" he replies and kisses me. "I didn't want to wake you since we slept really late last night, but it's 9 am and my desire to marry you is stronger"

"In that case, I forgive you for waking me up". I roll to my other side and I get out of bed. "Did you put me in pyjamas and then to bed last night?" I ask

"You fell asleep in the car, so yes. But, to be honest, when you told me I could undress you last night, I had something else in mind"

"Me too. I'm gonna go for a shower. Wanna join me?" I suggest

"Shoot me if I ever say no to that" he says and almost jumps out of bed to come with me.

After the shower, he took one of his suits to get ready later in the office room, letting all the bedroom to me. I start with my makeup. I go with some soft brown smokey eye and pink nude lipstick.

I don't have as much time left as I planned so I ditch the hairstyle I wanted and I go with beach curls again. Then, I take my dress out of its bag. A beautiful white off-the-shoulder midi dress with a split that hugs my body perfectly.

I put it on but, naturally, I can't zip it by myself despite my efforts. "Aaron, I need you!" I call

"That is not the first time I hear these words leave your mouth..." he replies from outside the room

"I'm serious. I need you to zip me but without looking" I ask before opening the door

"I'm not Matt Murdock" he chuckles as I hear his voice closer to the door now

"Ok, just look as little as you can" I say as I open the door. I guide his hands on the zipper and he closes it. "You did amazing. Thanks" I close the door again.

I return to the closet and I put on my pink nude heels. Then I go to my jewelry drawer and I take a necklace out; the alexandrite necklace he gave me on my first birthday together. I look at it next to my rings (engagement and wedding) and I realize how much they match. Did he do it intentionally?

 Did he do it intentionally?