Chapter 41

~~~

~~~

His POV
She called me and we got an approximate location. I know it was her. But it was only for a second which means that he caught her and stopped it. Unfortunately, I know that won't go away without punishment for her. I just hope we'll get there in time.

We are going there with choppers and we are splitting up towards three possible locations. We also sent local law enforcement to patrol the area in case he tries to move.

Her POV
Everything happened so fast. We were fighting. I smashed his head into the mirror. Then he grabbed one of the broken glass pieces and shoved it inside my thigh.

I fell back but I took it out quickly and I stabbed him in the neck with it. It took him a whole minute to bleed out.

I try move but I can't. I still can't move my left hand and I try to apply pressure on my bleeding thigh with the other. I also feel blood down the side of my face, I'm pretty sure I saw a some cuts on my forehead.

So I can't walk, I can't stand up, I can't even crawl. I would use the phone to call for help but he stepped on it breaking it a few minutes ago. And the more time I stay down on this dirty cold floor, I'm calming down which means that my adrenaline is falling and I begin to feel every pain worse.

I start to feel the effects of the blood loss sooner than I thought. I still haven't been able to stop the bleeding on my thigh.

I don't want to die here. Not with him next to me. I can't let Aaron find me dead here. I can't leave him or Evelyn. I have to stay. This isn't fair...

"FBI!". They came...

I try to call them from where this room is but I am not sure my voice makes it out of the room. My eyes are almost closing.

I hear the door break and immediately a wave of relief washes over me.
"I need medical in the basement!" Zoe's voice is like music to my ears.
"And someone bring me some cloths now!" she yells as she runs to me.

"Hey..." I manage to say as she puts pressure on my thigh with her bare hands

"Hey? Is that all you have to say to me?" she asks causing me to smile.

More people run in the room
"Ambulance is 10 minutes out" Morgan says as he brings her a couple of cloths.

He freezes as soon as he sees the condition I'm in. He opens his mouth to say something but he stops himself.

Eventually, he kneels down to my level
"I know you're weak, but I have to ask you something. Hotch was checking out another location, but he'll be here any minute now. Do you want me to keep him out until they... take care of some of your injuries?" he suggests

"No, I need... to see him..." I reply but my voice is shaking

"Alright. You're safe now. It's over" he reminds me. I nod and I close my eyes for a moment.

"Morgan!" Aaron's voice comes from outside

"Basement!" he replies and Aaron is here within 2 seconds.

I begin to cry again as soon as he gets into my eye sight. I wanted to hug my but I shouldn't be moved until the paramedics get here.
"Shh... It's ok" he says as he rubs my head. I lean into his touch and I look at him.

He cups my face, without carrying about getting my blood on him.
"I did it... I held on... I stayed..." I say, struggling a bit.

"Yes, you did it. It's over. We'll be home very soon. And Evelyn is coming back" he replies as he takes my hand and I smile.

"I'm so exhausted..." I admit

"It's ok. You can relax. Just don't go to sleep yet" he replies

"Ok... I'm really sorry"

"You have nothing to apologize for. You did great".

My vision is blurry but I can tell that his eyes are glistening. He is crying too. Is it because of my state? Is it that bad?

"Please, don't go..." I whisper

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving your side" he reassures me and kisses my hand.
______________

I spent a week in the hospital. Aaron was by my side as much as he could between work and when he wasn't, Evelyn made sure to be there.

I missed her so much during the last few months and I was so happy she was there with me. We caught up, we rewatched our favorite movies and shows, and she helped me whenever I needed to go to the bathroom or outside to take some fresh air.

But today I'm finally going home. My leg still hurts when I walk, I have a couple of broken ribs, my back is a hot mess from the belt and my left hand is still on an arm sling, because it turns out that he pulled my arm completely off.

But those are problems resolved with a few prescriptions and aftercare instructions. I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"Everything is exactly like you left them" Aaron says as he unlocks the door of the apartment

"I wasn't going to punish you if they weren't" I joke and he smiles.

"Bed or couch?" he asks

"Bed please" I answer. He helps me get to the bed and I let a sigh as I sit down.
"Can I have a shower actually? I want to get into more comfortable clothes" I say

"Of course. Let me go set up everything and I'll come to get you"

"Thank you". He kisses me softly before disappearing in the bathroom.

I had to get into a debate with him to be able to shower by myself but he agreed after he brought me a small stool to use so I won't have to stand for too long. The dressing up was a bit of a struggle but I made it eventually.

"I told you to call me" he says as soon as he sees me come out

"And I told you I had it" I insist. I get into bed and he sits next to me.

"What do you need? Water? Food? Painkillers?" he asks as he takes my hand

"I'm good. Thank you. I just want to take a nap" I answer

"You haven't eaten anything since breakfast" he remembers

"Aaron, I'm tired" I insist

"And you'll be more tired if you don't eat something. How about some warm soup?"

"Fine" I surrender exhausted and I roll my eyes.

"Lexie... I just want to take care of you. Don't be mad at me for that" he says and kisses my head

"Don't worry, I know. I'm just not very patient when I'm in pain"

"That's right" he chuckles.

"I just want to get some rest, Aaron. I don't know for how long, but I just want to lay down and not get up for a while. Because I'm so tired of fighting"

"Ok, you can absolutely do that" he says and hugs me.
"I got you, ok? I've got you and I'm going to take care of everything".