Chapter 12

~~~

~~~

His POV
Today is the first time in the two and a half months that I'm away, that I'm calling Dave first and not Lexie.

Her birthday is in two weeks but I wanted to make sure she'll get the gift I picked for her in time. That's why I ordered it and shipped it to Dave's house so early ahead. And I'll have time to replace it if it arrives damaged.

"Did you get it?" I ask him

"I did get it this morning. It came on time and the box seems unharmed. So stop stressing about it" he answers

"I will stop when Lexie gets it. You'll leave it on her desk on the 22nd"

"Don't worry so much about it. It's a birthday gift, not classified files"

"I just hope she likes it. Maybe I should have given her a classified unsolved case file to solve"

"Now that is a gift she'd definitely like"

"Really?"

"I'm kidding, Aaron. Have you met Lexie? She'd love it even if you just gave her a card with a 'Happy Birthday' on it"

"You're not wrong..."

"Of course I am not, I'm always right".

I chuckle.

"So, what did you get her?" he asks

"A necklace with alexandrite which is her birthstone and purple is her favorite color. It also has some small diamonds around it and it looks like a flower or a star"

"Good choice"

"There was also a ring I could get with the jewelry set, but I think that would have been a little too much"

"Oh, yes. You know, I've never seen you so passionate about someone before. Two weeks together and she already has you wrapped around her finger"

"It was two weeks but it's also two and a half more months" I remind him.

Two and a half months away, just hearing her voice now and then. I miss her. I miss her face, I miss her smiles, I miss touching her, I miss holding her, I miss fucking her. I miss everything about her.

"Are you in love with her Aaron?" Dave asks me, catching me completely off guard.

"We're getting started" I hear Lexie's voice from the other end along with knocking