Chapter 39

~~~

~~~

Her POV
I wake up with a jump, but something is holding me back. My head is killing me, but I don't quite remember what happened. There is also something on my left arm that's bothering me.

I touch it and I feel a bandage on it. That's when I remember that my tracker is supposed to be there. Everything comes back. The phonecall, the accident, being in and out of consciousness while being transferred.

I manage to open my eyes and I try to understand where I am. I am laying in a mattress that is on the floor, I am not in the clothes I was this morning, there is a bracelet around my ankle with a red led on.

The room is small, with grey walls around me, a sink and a toilet on the wall on my right and across from me there are 5 wooden steps that lead to a door. There are no windows. I can't hear anything.

Whatever happens, I have to hold on for Evelyn and Aaron. They need me. I can't let him win. For Aaron and Evelyn.

The sound of the door unlocking causes me to jump. "Good morning, Red" his voice gives me goosebumps before I even see his face.

He comes down with a smile on his face. "Long time no see" he adds as he sits down on the steps.

"Son of a bitch!" I yell and I rush to him. But before I even stood, electricity runs through my body.

"You didn't really think I'll have you here without any restraints" he says showing me the remote in his hand.

"Ok, I see you. You took out my tracker, you brought me here. So what do you want?" I ask

"I have one of the things I want. And I'll make it easier for you if you tell me where the rest of the team is. Actually, I know where Zoe Winston is currently. Which leaves..."

"Erin Strauss"

"You were always smart, Red. Until you decided to take me down on your own a few hours ago. That was really stupid" he chuckles

"Keep telling yourself that"

"Oh, I will. So, you want it the easy or the hard way?" he asks

"Strauss might be a bitch but even if I knew where she was, I wouldn't give you a damn clue" I answer

"Ok. Hard way it is. I like it more anyway" he says and stands up.

He turns the taser on and I collapse on the floor. We have been trained to tolerate it in the academy, but this is stronger than any other taser I've felt.

When he finally stops it, I can't stop shaking. He doesn't care. He grabs me by the hair and drags me to the wall. He pins my chest against it and proceeds to cuffs my hands back.

With the first bit of strength I get back, I swing my head back and I hit his nose hard. He groans and his grip of me becomes loose. I turn around and I kick him in the dick.

I throw him out of the way and I run to the door. I get to the third step but he grabs my leg and drags me back. I fall and hit my head on the stairs on the way down.

Everything is spinning but I don't stop. I try to kick him in order to free my leg. Finally, I get his face and he lets me go. I rush to the door and I attempt to open it. It's locked.

My last resort is to try and break it which doesn't work. He comes back and grabs me by the waist to get me back down. He slams my body against the wall and starts choking me.

I do my best to push him away and scratch him, however he doesn't move. I begin to loss my strength and my head feels like it's going to explode.

Before my eyes close, he throws me back on the mattress. I begin to gasp for air while I keep my eyes on him.

"Where is Erin Strauss?" he asks

"I don't know" I answer.

He punches me in the face
"Where is she?"

"I really don't know. That's the whole point of witness protection".

He kicks me in the chest
"Then give me your codes to the system" he demands

"It's not going to do anything. Only the director has access--"

"Give me the codes then. I'm sure there will be something interesting in there"

"I don't remember".

He chuckles and starts taking his belt off. He hits my back and I scream. The spot were he hit burns.

"Even if I give them to you, and you kill all three of us, what happens next?" I ask

"I have my plans, so talk".

There is too much information in the system to give him my access codes. I have to wait for a few more hours. When they realize I'm missing, they'll deactivate them temporarily.

Because I remain silent and he hits me again. "Even if I give them to you, you won't be able to erase your files without approval" I inform him

"Of course I can. Erin Strauss swiped you under the rug so she could get to her position, remember?"

"That wasn't erasing already submitted information. She just wrote it the way she wanted to" I argue and he hits me again with the belt. I'm pretty sure I'm bleeding.

"Stupid. You're still protecting her!"

"I'm not protecting her. I'm protecting her kids which you'll kill as soon as you lay eyes on. I'm protecting my friends, my family"

"Family? What family? You have no one"

"You're wrong" I speak and he hits me again.

It hurts so fucking much when he hits over the same spot twice. I'm not sure I can move my back. I close my eyes and I stay down, fighting the urge to cry.

For Aaron and Evelyn...