Chapter 7: Cage

I woke up to a damp face from the heat, but the blinding sunlight made me shut my eyes again.

I realized it was morning, but I wasn't in my bed. I couldn't quite place where I was but the hard surface beneath me felt dusty and smelled of dust.

I forced my eyes open, trying to clear my vision, but avoided looking up.

The dry rough ground was right in front of me. Slowly, I let my gaze travel from the ground to my body, and a sudden realization made me curl up tightly. I was completely naked.

Hugging myself I glanced around and discovered I was inside a wooden cage, made of tough solid wood

I was surrounded by similar cages in a wide open space, with trees forming a circle at the edge.

The sun shone brightly in the center where I stood. It was an odd and unsettling situation.I felt like someone had intentionally put me here, and it frightened me.

As I tried to recall what had happened, memories flooded back.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had shifted in front of Alpha Eros. He had been cruel, challenging me. If only I had told him the truth last night, maybe he wouldn't have done this to me.

But, of course, he was the Alpha, and I was the omega it didn't fit.

Alpha Eros was cold-hearted but compared to other Alphas, he treated omegas better.

He didn't use them for his own desires. Last night was the first time he had hurt me, probably because I couldn't give him the answer he wanted or because I was afraid to confess.

Taking a deep breath, I surveyed my surroundings again. Surprisingly, the pain in my body had gone.

I glanced at my nakedness, worrying about what might have happened while I was unconscious and if the pain had simply healed.

I silently prayed, hoping he hadn't done anything to me and that wasn't the lesson he had mentioned. Now, the question remained, what should I do next?

Judging by the daylight and the length of my shadow, it was around nine in the morning. I knew my aunt would be furious at home. I needed to escape this cage but it was made of strong wood. difficult to tear down without tools. Plus, what if Alpha Eros punished me for doing it?

I stood up and approached the edge of the cage, peering outside. On the ground, there were big letters that said, "break the cage." I looked up, wondering if Alpha Eros had set this up to test my abilities.

As an omega, I doubted my strength and power. Other omegas who had experienced pain couldn't break this type of cage, large, durable, and well-built. How could I break it?

Taking a deep breath, I heard a voice in my head it was Nala.

She reminded me that I had forgotten about her. Curiosity sparked, wondering how strong she was, I let her take control.

My body began to grow as my bones cracked. I felt pain, but it wasn't as intense as last night. Nala was fully in charge now.

She mentioned that if I had told Alpha Eros what he wanted to know last night, he might not have put us in this situation.

She asked if I wanted to become Luna. I asked if she was upset, but she didn't respond.

With her strength, Nala started banging on the cage. It cracked under her impact

She was truly strong, but I felt the pain each time our bodies connected with the hardness of the cage. She even used her canines to make a hole. It took less than five minutes, and the cage was broken.

I breathed a sigh of relief as Nala ran away, returning to Dark Moon.

I knew I had upset Alpha Eros, and I worried about his posible punishment. Nala brought me to my aunt's white house. Different scents filled the air, but Aunt Elvie's scent was the strongest.

When I passed the kitchen, I hurried to my room.

I quickly put on a white dress, anticipating what would happen next. As expected, there was a knock on my bedroom door, and Aunt Elvie's voice roared, "Sophia!" Nala growled in my head. Aunt Elvie yelled for me to come out.

I fixed my clothes and went out immediately. I knew what was coming.I would face her cruel palm on my face and she would grab my hair. "Auntie!" I protested.

"How dare you neglect your chores here? Are you planning to run away?" Aunt Elvie's furious yellow eyes stared into mine, and tears streamed down my cheeks.

Anger welled up inside me, mixed with fear. "N-No, auntie... it's just—"

I wanted to explain, but she pulled my hair, dragging me toward the kitchen. I held onto her hand tightly, to prevent her from hurting my scalp. Nala yelled in my head, urging me to let her out.

"No, I can handle this," I asserted. I didn't trust what Nala would do, so I couldn't let her take control. But Aunt Elvie forcefully dragged me to the sink and shoved my face into the dishes.

"Clean this!" She pressed my head down, angering Nala. Nala tried to take over but I resisted.

'Oh please, Nala, don't...' I pleaded.

Aunt Elvie yanked my hair again, making me look up at her.

She angrily pointed at my face with a trembling finger and said, "No matter where you go, remember that you are worthless. So stop being thankful that you exist in this world because every time your birthday comes around, it reminds me of what a shame your mother did!"

She scoffed in my face. "No matter how many times you celebrate, you're still nothing! You have no power! And nothing will change the fact that you are a product of shame!"

A growl escaped my throat. I knew Nala provoked it intentionally, and it briefly startled Aunt Elvie. But I knew she wouldn't let me speak. Nevertheless, I tried to come up with a reason, "I-I'm with—"

"I know!" I was confused by her statement. She knows something. What does she know? "I can feel it! You're going to be like your mother! The only difference is, your boyfriend is not a Rogue but a human!"

But I didn't have a boyfriend...

She pulled my hair down even harder, and I grew tired of looking up. She hissed in my face, "You're going to bring shame to our family in the pack! I'm certain of it because you're a disgrace! You're no different from your mother!"

I screamed when she plunged my face back into the sink. And to make matters worse, she turned on the faucet. I cried louder and pleaded, "Auntie, please stop!"

"Do you know that I want to kill you? But I can't! I don't know what's wrong with you, and the Alpha always favors you. You've become his damn favorite omega, goddess!"

She directed my head under the running water from the tap.

Then, using her palm, she scooped some water from the sink, which was filled with dirty dishwater, and used it to wash my face. "Are you giving yourself to him? Did you let him use your body to keep yourself safe? What's the point of him using you? Not to hurt you? Answer me!" I didn't answer, only cried, which caused her to yank my hair again and force me to face her.

But her eyebrows furrowed, and she let go of my hair, providing some relief. But I knew it wouldn't be enough.

I knew she would continue hurting me until she was satisfied. But then, two scents reached my nose. She huffed and straightened herself.

I cried, longing to escape this life. Suddenly, there were two knocks on the front door. Aunt Elvie glared at me and said with authority, "Stay here." She pointed her trembling finger at my face.

I nodded softly and sobbed as she left. I heard the door open and the voices of two men. One of them said, "The Alpha summons his Omega, Sophia, to the packhouse. We'll wait here to ensure a smooth flow of the situation. The Alpha dislikes tardiness."