Chapter 19: Hybrids

"Can we talk about this, E-Eros?" Miss Blythe gently grabbed the Alpha's arm then pleaded, "Okay, I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Let's not let this little problem escalate—"

"I told you to leave!" I nearly jumped when the Alpha's voice rose sharply in Miss Blythe's face. His jaw clenched tightly. I could only gulp in response.

Miss Blythe let go of the Alpha's arm and stood up, facing all of us.

"You'll regret this! After doing business with you for a week, you dare reject me from your company? You made the wrong decision, Eros! You'll see, you'll regret this!" Those were the words Miss Blythe uttered before she stormed out of the office. A moment of silence filled the entire office as we watched her footsteps.

"People can be worse than us," murmured Beta Algie, shaking his head slowly.

The Alpha let out a sigh of relief as his anger subsided. He took a step closer to me, causing me to instinctively step back. "Sophia..."

"A-Alpha..."

Ignoring my retreat, he gently grabbed my injured arm. "You're no longer an omega. You shouldn't allow yourself to be treated like this by anyone. You need to take care of yourself." His tone was scolding, but there was a hint of concern in his voice. He stood up straight for a moment and turned to Beta. "Why are you here, Algie?"

Beta took a deep breath. "I came here because I wanted to tell you in person. It's an Alpha's responsibility to confront our guest."

"What do you mean, Algie?" The Alpha's voice remained calm, but there was emphasis in his words.

Beta stood tall, aligning himself with the Alpha. "A group of wolves has arrived in our pack, but they're not from Lupusmons. They've come from somewhere else, and they're looking for someone..." He looked at me. "...who received the moonlight calls, recently."

The news shared by Beta made me shiver with fear as I imagined being found by the wolves who were looking for me. Just the thought of them relentlessly chasing after me filled me with dread as I worried about the possible bad things that could happen to me in the next few hours because of that Moonlight calls.

"Which bloodline do they belong to?" Alpha asked.

The Beta looked back at Alpha and replied, "I think they are hybrids."

Alpha's eyes narrowed as he turned his gaze towards me.

The Beta continued, "They experienced extra strength that night, but there is no bloodline of Alphas in their respective packs."

I swallowed nervously, feeling uncertain about how they would react, especially since the idea of hybrid werewolves was unfamiliar to me.

I waited for an explanation, but Alpha looked at the Beta and said, "Okay, let's return to the Dark Moon pack. But first..." He looked at me. "Take care of yourself."

-

Alpha gave Miss Bimbie a list of clients for the afternoon and instructed her to cancel all appointments. Bella's eyes followed me, and I could tell she wanted to talk as best friends do, but she couldn't because I was with Alpha, and Beta was also present.

Before heading to the packhouse, we made a stop at Alpha's condo in the city. To my surprise, I noticed women's clothes in that place, and it struck me that they appeared to be my size, despite showing no signs of wear. Alpha didn't provide an explanation, likely because the timing wasn't appropriate for such discussions.

For the second time since shifting into a wolf form, I entered the packhouse. I felt a different energy inside, especially as we made our way to the pack office. Alpha bowed slightly to me as we walked down the hallway. "Replace your omega's heartbeat with a brave heart, Sophia. You will be facing a different breed now. I don't want them to sense any weakness in you."