Chapter 24: Ready to devour

"Sophia!"

"Uncle..."

My gaze remained fixed on Uncle Dan as he approached Ceylon and me. It was clear they were heading home as the meeting had concluded and it was growing late.

"Alpha sought my permission for you to stay here in the packhouse with him," he stated.

I glanced at the direction of Alpha, who was still engaged in conversation with the Elders. They exchanged looks and appeared to be wrapping up their discussion. Uncle added, "From my perspective, it's not a problem, but I told him it depends on you. I understand you're not ready to assume the role of Luna just yet, but why not spend a night with the Alpha? That way, you can freely discuss whatever needs to be discussed."

Ceylon interjected, his face peering into mine. "Exactly. Why are you still hesitant, Sophia?" I blinked and glanced at Alpha once more, noting that the Elders had departed before him. I wasn't sure if I was prepared. I had faith in Alpha, and if this was the duty bestowed upon me by the moon goddess, why would I refuse?

I turned to Uncle Dan and nodded. "No problem, Uncle."

He gave me a slight nod. "Good. We're leaving."

"Goodbye, Uncle!"

"Goodbye, Luna!" I shot Ceylon a glare, but he merely chuckled.

Before I moved from my spot, I watched Uncle Dan and Ceylon depart. Ceylon even turned back and blew me a kiss. My brow furrowed, wondering what he was up to.

Once they were at a distance, I turned my attention toward Alpha. A chill seemed to embrace me as I saw the Elders approaching. I wasn't sure if they were heading towards me, as I was standing in their path out of the packhouse.

As they drew nearer, I felt myself shrinking like a mouse. They carried an undeniable weight. Their auras were as hot as a volcano, and I could tell they were intimidating. However, Alpha was even more fearsome. The only difference now was that my fear of him had been replaced by love.

"Omega..." I gulped as one of the Elders addressed me.

"She's your Luna, Elder Samuel," another Elder corrected him with a deep voice. It seemed he accepted me as their Luna, albeit reluctantly. I understood why I couldn't see approval on their faces. They had to get along with me only because of Alpha. "She will be the Luna of Alpha, so don't refer to her by her previous position. She is no longer an Omega for now."

Elder Samuel nodded. "Apologies, I was just wondering why the Moon goddess bestowed an omega upon our Alpha."

I swallowed and bowed my head in response. "Please, there's no need for that," Elder Thomas scolded them. "In addition to being Alpha's Luna, the moon goddess has given her something that other female werewolves do not possess."

"Elder Thomas is right, Elder Samuel." Alpha approached us, his tone tinged with sarcasm. "From now on, she is no longer an Omega. There is no Omega stronger than me, and I believe you feel the same way." I couldn't fathom how he thought I was stronger than him.

Elder Samuel bowed to Alpha. "Forgive me, Alpha."

Alpha gave him a slight nod. "My Luna needs her rest. We can discuss her role within the pack at a later time. Right now, she needs to prepare for that."

Elder Thomas smiled. "Merely meeting your Mate is enough for us to give our pack the chance to have a Luna, Alpha. We are willing to wait until she is ready."

The Elders in front of us nodded in agreement, and Alpha reciprocated their gesture. The Elders bowed before us and said, "We shall take our leave, Alpha... and dear Luna."