Chapter 31: The news

Bella and Ethan watched with surprise as Eros arrived on the scene. Sensing their fear, he kept his distance and spoke just a few words.

'We have to leave,' Eros ordered.

Without wasting any time, I turned away from my friends, following Eros as he made a quick decision to flee. We both knew there were no more vampires nearby. They must have sensed our Alpha presence and, if they had encountered werewolves before, they would recognize the distinctive energy of an Alpha.

Instead of returning to where the car was parked, we sought a path through the dense forest behind Bella and Ethan's village. Once we reached the safety of the pack village, the omegas swiftly provided us with clothes to cover our bodies.

"The Alpha!" Councils hurriedly come to us. "What happened?" The Elders, led by Elder Thomas, asking us with concern as we stood before them in our shifted forms. I healed a wound on my back, earning a fascinated glance from Elder Thomas, who seemed amazed by the color of my fur before I shifted back to human form.

"You're a white wolf?" Elder Samuel asked, but before I could respond, Eros interjected.

"Please, take my car to Green Valley village. Make it appear as though something happened to us inside, so people don't suspect that we are the wolves who saved the villagers."

"Yes, Alpha!" Two warriors swiftly moved into action, and Eros turned to me.

"What happened in Green Valley village? Why did you shift and enter there, Alpha?" Elder Thomas asked nervously, his concern evident.

Eros let out a sigh. "Vampires attacked them..." He glanced at the omegas. "Please prepare clothes for Luna." He faced the Elders again. "They have become more aggressive and are planning to take over the village. I had no choice but to intervene and save the people there. The worst part is that I was with Luna, who hasn't fully mastered her powers yet. But it was worth it, as she displayed great strength and forced the vampires to retreat. We left immediately before the patrols arrived."

Elder Thomas hissed under his breath and murmured, "I'm afraid they will recruit more members from the human population. But what you did was dangerous, Alpha."

"I apologize, but I had no other option. Some of my employees live in Green Valley village. I couldn't let them perish."

The Elder nodded and turned his attention to me. "Is what I saw earlier true? Are you a white wolf?"

I swallowed hard and looked down, but Eros answered, "As I mentioned before, she's one of a kind. She possesses incredible power and was able to mask her scent during the battle. As her scent disappeared, her energy grew even stronger. That's likely why the vampires retreated."

I looked up at Eros. Based on his words, it seemed that Nala had bestowed additional powers upon me, enabling me to deceive our enemies.

She heard my thoughts and interjected within my mind, 'Indeed.'

Elder Lapus smiled at me. "Then she is indeed deserving of the position of Luna. If I had any doubts about her abilities before, I have none now," he said with gratitude, a sparkle in his eyes. "We have been waiting for you for a long time, Luna." I swallowed nervously as he bent down in front of me as a sign of respect.

"But she still needs training. She has limited knowledge of combat," Elder Samuel interjected, his tone indicating agreement.

"That will come in due time, Elder Samuel. When will you be ready to assume your role as Luna, Sophia?" Elder Thomas asked.

My throat felt dry in this awkward situation. I couldn't bring myself to look directly at them out of embarrassment. When I glanced at Eros, he raised his eyebrows repeatedly and grinned, as if to say there was no reason for me to escape.