Chapter 10: Her healing process

I was struck in the belly by a warrior's kick. It wasn't because my wolf was outsmarted, but because once again, she curled under the surface.

Now, she could feel it, but she chose to ignore the pain. I writhed in pain and took a step back. For a moment, I closed my eyes and endured the pain, determined not to give up.

I couldn't be defeated. 'Nala...'

'I'm tired. It's your turn now,' she teased, and it was starting to get on my nerves.

But I had to fight, even though I struggled to evade the attacks of the two warriors—they moved too quickly.

I was on the verge of giving up when suddenly, one of the warriors struck me in the face. The force of the impact sent my body spinning in the air, and I crashed down in the courtyard. I screamed in pain, particularly in my jaw.

'What the hell, Nala!' I yelled in my mind, and even she groaned in response.

The entire area erupted with noise, and some of them expressed concern. They cheered for me to get up and continue fighting. I placed my hands on the ground to support myself as I stood. I blinked a few times to clear my blurred vision. Once I felt my sight returning to normal, I glared fiercely at the man.

"You may be strong, but you have no idea how to fight yet, Omega!" he taunted.

I didn't respond to his comment. I simply forced myself to stand. If I couldn't dodge their attacks, then I would just catch them and throw them back.

One warrior charged at me and leaped, aiming for my face. However, I managed to catch his leg with my hand—or rather, it was Nala who caught it.

I gasped, realizing that his leg felt surprisingly light when I held it. I could sense Nala's strength, and the warrior was clearly struggling in his position.

Everyone was amazed by what I had done. Nala threw the man onto my back, and another warrior immediately attacked. Just like before, Nala remained motionless. We simply grabbed his fist and pushed him back to where he had been standing before his attack.

Each of them ended up at a distance from me after Nala threw them. It struck me that they didn't feel heavy to me, and even if Nala were to break their bones, we could. 'Is this your power?' I asked Nala.

'Our power,' she corrected.

"Two warriors down!" I heard the head warrior announce. Applause erupted all around. "The other three are next! Don't waste time, attack now!"

Three warriors charged toward me. I wasn't sure how Nala was resisting them, but it seemed like she knew their next moves. My body rolled forward, guided by her, as if to meet them, but that wasn't the case. Nala simply evaded, and they ended up striking where my human form had been moments before.

"You're an omega, but your strength isn't. Were you the one who received the moonlight's call last night?" a warrior asked me before launching an attack.

I managed to dodge his strike, but my shoulder wasn't spared. I was injured by his claws. This time, it wasn't Nala who was in control, it was me. I cried out in pain and instinctively held my wound, only to be surprised.

'Did you figure it out?' Nala asked.

'Figured what?' I asked.

'That you have strength too.'

I lost focus, allowing the warrior to take advantage and knock me down.

I felt a tingling sensation in my lips and noticed warm liquid flowing from my nose. When I touched it and looked at my hand, I saw blood.