Chapter 18: Contract Declined

Honestly, my foot felt numb because I had been running errands all day. Nala, my wolf, was trying to keep calm and not show her annoyance. I had gone in and out of the office three times just to fetch juice for Miss Blythe, as she had ordered me to do. When I entered the office again, she was sitting in her chair, reading a magazine. As she noticed me approaching, her eyebrows raised.

I placed the glass of juice in front of her and stood up. "This is your third juice, Miss Blythe. I hope it meets your taste." I smiled to show her that I was being polite and respectful, even though she wasn't treating me well and the tasks she assigned me were menial.

The way Miss Blythe treated me was nothing compared to the hardships I had endured in the past. She couldn't make me her slave because, after all, she was just a human.

"Let's see. What if I still don't like it? Can you leave and stop being Eros' secretary?" She kept her raised eyebrows and looked at me mockingly.

I cleared my throat with a small sound. "I'm sorry, Miss Blythe, but I will only leave if Sir Eros himself fires me."

"Ohh..." She chuckled and stood up. She came closer to me, lifting my chin slightly with her finger so that I had to look into her eyes. "Do you know that once I sign the contract, I'll always be here? I'm more important to Eros than you are. You're just a secretary, a bottom-line employee for both of us. I'll be frank with you, I don't want you as Eros' secretary."

My wolf, Nala, didn't like what she said. It wanted to react, but I held it back. Miss Blythe didn't know the full story, so it was better to try to understand her. She took the glass of juice from the table, still keeping eye contact with me. She brought it to her lips and took a sip. Then she smiled and poured the contents of the glass onto my face. "I didn't like the taste!"

I closed my eyes and turned my head away to avoid getting juice in my eyes. Unsatisfied, she pushed me to the floor. I fell on my right hand, which caused me to groan in pain. I was about to look at her when the broken glass suddenly splashed on my face, forcing me to close my eyes again.

This girl didn't seem to think about the consequences of her actions. By throwing a glass at me, there was a chance that other employees outside could hear it, especially since it hit the floor and broke.

'This is no longer funny!' Nala suddenly pushed herself forward. I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my fist, hoping that Miss Blythe wouldn't notice.

I silently said in my head, 'Calm down, Nala. Stay calm.'

"If what I've done so far isn't enough for you, be prepared to face even more if you don't leave this company!" Miss Blythe barked.

'Is that so?' that's my wolf's angelical voice in my head.

'Nala, it's okay. Just let me handle this, please...' I pleaded.

'How dare she act like she's our mate's girlfriend,' Nala growled.

'She just doesn't know, okay?' I tried to calm her down. Luckily, she retreated.

If this human is jealous of me being Sir Eros' secretary, well, I can't blame her. But she can't order me to leave the company either. I am the Alpha's mate, and if he's away from me even for a day, his wolf will be in trouble. Miss Blythe's desires are irrelevant, she knows nothing.

I was about to get up when she came closer and grabbed my hair. "Leave this office right now and don't come back. Do you know that I can hurt you? Be careful around me, girl."

'Ah, be careful around her?' that's Nala again. 'She's the one to be careful around us because if I can't control myself, I'll slit her throat!'

'Hey, it's okay...'