Chapter 39: Alpha's abilities

In front of us stood a gathering of vampires, a sea of black clothing enveloping them. Their ominous presence instilled fear in me, and I doubted whether I could save Bella and Ethan this time.

"You're an unscented werewolf," remarked a vampire who had transformed into a human form. He exuded confidence, believing himself to be stronger than me. The fact that I was a lone wolf accompanied by my two human friends seemed to embolden him. "Our kind claims that unscented werewolves are mere myths, yet here you are before us."

"Perhaps she's the werewolf from the news," chimed in a male vampire standing behind him, his gaze fixed upon Bella and Ethan. "And they are the two victims."

The man at the forefront, engaged in conversation with me, burst into laughter. "And they will be once again," he sneered, adjusting his stance and crossing his arms. "But thank you, whether you like it or not, you will provide us food." He referred to Bella and Ethan as mere food.

Bella and Ethan gasped audibly behind me. Bella whispered my name, her voice trembling with fear.

"S-Sophia, you have someone like you with you, right?" Ethan addressed me, referring to Eros. "W-Where is he? I-Is he coming here as well?"

I couldn't respond; I couldn't disclose that Eros was nearby. His scent wafted towards me, indicating his imminent arrival.

"Are you speaking of their Alpha?" the vampire sarcastically inquired.

One of his companions hissed, "And he approaches us now!"

Even if I remained silent, they would soon discern Eros's presence, for vampires possess an innate ability to sense such things. I was unsure if Eros was prepared to reveal his true nature to his employees, but circumstances left him with no choice.

"A-Alpha?" I heard Ethan asked in confused from behind me.

I found it difficult to concentrate on the humans speaking to me, as the leader of the vampire group began addressing his companions. "Ensure that the humans are positioned behind her before the Alpha of the Dark Moon Pack arrives!"

Although I couldn't help but wonder how they had identified Eros as the Alpha of the Dark Moon Pack, my immediate instinct was to shield my friends as the vampires swiftly closed in. Bella and Ethan let out piercing screams as the vampires suddenly seized them.

Reacting swiftly, I relied on my heightened agility and vision. Instead of resorting to using my claws to defeat them, I tapped into an inner power that sent them hurtling back towards their comrades.

The vampires relinquished their grip on my friends, causing Bella and Ethan to collapse onto the floor. The remaining vampires, who had borne the brunt of my force, disintegrated into ashes.

I had gained some understanding of my extraordinary ability. It felt as if I were simply exhaling, yet I unleashed a potent gravitational force from within me, capable of repelling my adversaries.

"Before you harm them, you'll have to deal with me first," I asserted, summoning all of my courage.

The leader of the vampires stared at me, his eyes widening in astonishment, momentarily losing his balance. It was only with the assistance of his companions that he managed to steady himself, leaning against them due to the impact of my power.

"So, you're the chosen one of the prophecy?" he exclaimed, clearly taken aback.

In a state of automatic response, I queried, "What?!"

The vampire uttered a curse and commanded his companions, "Seize her!" It appeared that they no longer had any interest in Bella and Ethan; their focus had shifted solely onto me.