Chapter 11; Miracle

The nurse at Pack HC was right earlier. My wounds healed quickly because Nala is different. Before, my face was full of wounds from the field, but now my skin is smooth again.

I'm still wearing a white dress, but it's a different style. I think they threw away the clothes I had before because they were already bloody. Right now, I'm walking to my aunt's house. I'm carrying a box with only a strawberry cake inside and a bundle of red roses.

Nala asked in my head, 'He's so sweet, right?'"

I didn't know who she was referring to, so I asked, 'Who?'

'Alpha, of course,' she replied.

I rolled my eyes and said, 'Stop talking nonsense, Nala.'

'This is not nonsense, okay? You liked it too, you felt it. Don't lie,' she scolded.

Somehow, my heart was filled with joy. Out of all the birthdays I've had, this was the only one where I had the chance to receive a cake and flowers.

"Sophia!"

My smile faded when I heard Ceylon's voice. He is Auntie Elvie's son. I stopped walking and turned to face him.

I didn't realize he was right behind me, still riding his black Ducati. Maybe he had just arrived. My eyes wandered around and I realized I was standing outside the house gate.

"Where were you last night?" he asked.

I couldn't sense any anger in his question. He wasn't smiling either, but he was waiting for my answer.

"Have you shifted yet? Your scent has become strong," he commented.

Ceylon doesn't know what happened earlier because he must have just gotten home. He is a warrior like his father but he's often away from the Dark Moon village due to his job hired by Alpha.

Before I could answer, he spoke again. "Please open the gate," he ordered, looking at the things in my hands.

"Where did those come from? Do you have a human admirer?" he asked, and my eyes widened for a moment. Nala protested in the back of my head, but I stopped her. "Let me hold those first, then open the gate," Ceylon said, referring to the cake and flowers in my arms.

I approached him and handed him the box and flowers. When he held them, he seemed surprised and looked at me.

"What kind of energy do you have? It looks familiar..."

I automatically asked, "F-Familiar?"

"Yes, familiar. It's like I felt it last night, and my strength increased." I gulped. I thought only the Alpha got extra strength when I shifted last night, but it seems the pack members got it too. "Where did you shift form last night?"

I looked away from him. I didn't know if he would believe me, but I chose not to lie. "On Lupusmons mountain."

He distanced himself from me. His eyes narrowed while he held the flowers and cake that the Alpha had given to me.

"Are you the reason for the appearance of the moonlight?" he asked almost in a whisper, but the surprise was evident.

I simply bowed and nodded.

"You're the reason I felt extra strength last night?" he asked again.

I shook my head and replied, "I-I don't know." I noticed him mutter a curse under his breath. Then he looked at me. "Open the gate," he calmly ordered.

I quickly approached the gate and opened it. After I loosened it, I returned to stand in front of him. I took the flowers and cake from his hand, and he started his black Ducati. I watched as he drove it through the open gate.