the 30th ( part one )

warnings: car accident

age: 15

-

Y/N's POV

"DON'T BLAME ME, LOVE MADE ME CRAZY, IF IT DOESN'T YOU AIN'T DOING IT RIGHT!" me and my mom shout at the top of our lungs. We both got bored at home so we decided to take a drive and sing our hearts out to Taylor songs. We may be getting some weird looks from people driving by, but who cares? We're having the time of our lives.

"LORD, SAVE ME, MY DRUG IS MY BABY, I'LL BE USING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!" I belt out before I realize the music has been turned down. "Mom?" I question.

"Sorry, honey, this is a busy road so I've gotta focus for a sec," she explains.

"Okay," I comply but I still hum quietly to the lyrics.

Wow, this really is a busy road. There are cars definitely not driving within the speed limit. I turn my head to look out the rear view mirror and I see a car relatively far behind us, but going way too fast. "Um, mama?" I say worriedly.

"Yeah, hon?" she replies. I'm too panicked to say anything in this moment as the car is getting closer by the second so I just point to the mirror and she takes a look. "Oh, shit," she says right before trying to move out the way but there's another car blocking us. The car behind us is getting really close now.

"Mom?!" I ask in a hurried tone.

The next thing I know, my mom's arms are being thrown around me, shielding me from the upcoming impact and then, darkness.

I come around again after what feels like a few seconds, but what I'm guessing was a lot longer considering I'm not in the car anymore. What happened? Was I in a crash?

I start to become more aware of my surroundings as I gain more consciousness. There are white walls all around me and a strong light in my eye. That must mean... oh my god. I'm in a hospital. Wait, where's my mom? She was with me too. "M-mom?" I stutter out, lifting myself to sit up, only now realizing that I have a doctor in here with me and I'm on a bed. A very uncomfortable one, may I add.

"Woah, woah, woah, lay back down please," a brunette doctor orders me whilst gently pushing my shoulders back down onto the bed.

"Wha- where..."

"You're in Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital, honey, okay? Can you tell me your name?" The same doctor asks me.

"Um, Y/N Romanoff," I answer.

"Okay, Y/N, my name's Doctor Shepherd but you can call me Amelia. Do you remember what happened?"

"I... w-we were in a car crash. Someone hit us," I tell her, recalling earlier's events.

"That's right. How are you feeling?" she asks me with caution.

"My head hurts," I groan whilst bringing a hand up to my head, only to bring my hand back down and see blood. "Am I bleeding?!"

"You are but it's okay, we're gonna fix you up. Luckily, you got away with only a minor concussion and a cut. The person shielding you, I'm assuming your mom, got the worst of it," Amelia tells me softly.

My mom! "Where is she?!" I panic, now knowing she got badly hurt. In that moment, another doctor comes in. She looks slightly older than Doctor Shepherd and has blonde hair.

"Hey, you're awake!" this other doctor says to me with a smile.

"Where is my mom?!" I'm shouting now. I want her. I need to find her. I need to tell her I'm okay.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" the blonde one asks.

"Y/N. Now, where is my mom?" I'm getting impatient.

"Y/N, I'm Doctor Grey," she informs me before sitting on the edge of the bed I'm on. I've realized now that it's a gurney, and I'm in a smaller room than I initially thought. It must just be a trauma room. "Your mom... is currently in surgery right now."

"What?" I'm completely speechless. Tears start to fill my eyes as I listen to Doctor Grey explain her injuries. I can barely listen, though. I'm too scared.

"She has the very best of doctors working on her. She should be completely fine."

"Should be?!" I explode. I'm not settling for 'should be'. That's my mama. She has to be okay.

I start to stand up, throwing things around, trying to open the door but Amelia is blocking it. All of a sudden, I feel someone inject something into me. It must be a sedative because around an hour later, I wake up feeling like I've just taken a long nap. And I'm in a different room.

I'm not in the trauma room anymore. Instead, I'm in a proper room. With a slightly comfier bed, a small leather couch, a few chairs, and a TV. That's when I notice what's playing - the news.

After a few moments, I see that it's about our crash. It says the man who drove into us was drunk driving and is now facing several years in jail. He deserves longer. He hurt my mom. I don't even realize that I'm crying until Doctor Shepherd breaks me out of my daze, asking if I'm alright.

"Can I see my mom now?" I ask, too tired to fight her anymore.

She gives me a sympathetic look before replying, "She should be out of surgery soon. Then I promise I will take you to see her."

I decide to just accept that I'll have to wait instead of risking having to be sedated again. So the next few hours are spent by Amelia and I talking about random things. It actually provides me a lot of comfort.

Out of nowhere, the door pushes open. Me and Amelia stop our conversation and turn to the person standing at the door. It's a man with ginger hair and he's holding a clipboard, probably full of information for a patient. He clears his throat before asking, "Doctor Shepherd, is this the kid?" whilst gesturing to me.

"Natasha Romanoff's daughter, yes. Is everything okay, Hunt?" she questions.

He signals for us to come with him. Amelia helps me into a wheelchair and we make our way down the corridors and to the elevator, going up to the floor I'm assuming my mom's on.

Crap. It's the ICU.

"Now, Y/N, I just want you to know that your mom isn't gonna look the same as she usually does, okay? There's a tube in her mouth to help her breathe, and there's a lot of wires on her," Doctor Hunt informs me.

I nod slowly, taking in what he's saying. I lift myself out the wheelchair, eager to see my mama.

"We'll be right out here if you need us, alright?" Amelia tells me as she puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I nod once again, preparing myself for this. It's gonna be hard seeing her hurt. Okay, Y/N. Deep breaths. I slowly slide the door open. And there she is.