madness

age: 6

this is more aunt wanda because mama nat has to go on a mission<3

also would like to clarify this isn't set at the compound, it's wanda's house and vision, billy and tommy are there too

-

WANDA's POV

From the door, I watch as my little niece says goodbye to her mother. Natasha has a mission with Tony and Clint that she has to be on for the next couple of weeks, and of course that means I'm in charge of Y/N. Nat wouldn't trust anyone else with her baby and let's be honest, I'm the most responsible out of everyone else.

It's currently around eight thirty, meaning as well as Y/N being sad about her mom leaving, she's also going to have to go to bed soon.

I really hope there aren't any tears. She's allowed to show emotion obviously, I just hate seeing my baby niece all upset.

With Y/N attached to her hip, Nat walks over and stops in front of me, having already said her initial goodbyes to her daughter in the car.

"You'll take good care of her, yeah?" she asks me with pleading eyes. She's never had to leave Y/N for so long before, it must be scary.

Taking her one free hand in mine, I look her dead in the eyes as I say, "Natasha, I promise you that I will make sure she is happy and healthy and safe. You can call whenever you want to check on her and you have nothing to be worried about."

In order to hide the tears that are starting to form in her eyes, she brings me into a hug with Y/N sandwiched in between the two of us.

"Here you go," she smiles, handing me the six year old. "Bye, baby," she tells Y/N, kissing her head one last time. "You be good for auntie Wanda, okay?"

"Yes, mama," she replies sweetly, stretching her arms out to wrap around her mother's neck. They have that last hug before Y/N relaxes back against me and Nat starts walking off, waving at us. "Bye, mommy!" the child yells to her.

"See you soon, detka!"

I smile to myself at the 'see you soon', knowing that Natasha hates the word 'goodbye', it sounds too permanent.

A few seconds later, Nat is getting into her car and driving away and I all of a sudden feel something wet on my shoulder. That's when I know Y/N is crying.

"Hey," I coo, "It's okay, honey. She'll be back before you know it."

I keep my voice soft whilst I'm trying my hardest to console the child, she's such a mama's girl that having them apart just doesn't seem right.

"Your mom made you guys dinner earlier, didn't she?" I ask. I have no doubt she did, I just want to check so I'm not sending this kid off to bed with an empty stomach.

"Yeah," she answers in a small voice, playing with my hair mindlessly.

"Thought so. Is there anything you wanna do before bed? We could play a game or something?"

Y/N shakes her head tiredly, clearly ready to go straight to sleep.

"Okay, sweetheart," I say, walking inside and shutting the door as she makes herself comfy against my chest. "Vision?" I call out gently, only to see my husband appear through a wall momentarily.

"Is everything alright, darling? Oh, hello, Y/N," he greets her, but she doesn't answer. Vision gives me a look, asking with his eyes if Y/N is okay.

"She's just a bit tired. Would you mind making sure Billy and Tommy are getting ready for bed in an hour? I don't want them up all night playing video games and I have to make sure this one is alright," I ask of him, bouncing the child on my hip when she's referenced.