rude

age: 11

mom = maria
mama = nat

-

MARIA's POV

"Y/N, this is not up for debate. Get up, you gotta go to school," I order our very reluctant daughter.

The kid has exhausted poor Nat's patience within only the ten minutes she's been awake, so now I'm trying whilst my wife watches from the doorframe.

"Nooo," she whines, digging her head further into the covers.

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Up now or I will literally drag you out of this bed."

"Fine!" she huffs and throws a pillow at me before standing up slowly.

"Drop the attitude, young lady," I scold, throwing the pillow straight back at her, causing her to fall back onto her mattress. "Get ready, we're leaving in twenty."

"Bitch," she mumbles under her breath, thinking I couldn't hear.

"What did you just say?" Nat asks her before I can scold the child. "Y/N Romanoff-Hill, you'd better get your mood in check, or there will be consequences."

"Whatever," she scoffs back, sticking her tongue out as we begin to leave the room. Natasha's just about ready to yell at her, but we don't do that in this house. We're a loving family, we don't yell at each other. Sometimes though I can see it brewing inside Nat, and I have to stop her before she can do anything she regrets.

"My god! What is up with her this morning!" she exclaims after we've walked back downstairs and into the kitchen. She places herself on the counter whilst I get to work on heating up Y/N's breakfast that was made for her half an hour ago.

"I know, love. She's testing our patience," I agree with her softly, walking in front of where she's sitting and leaning her down to bring her into a warm embrace. Touch hasn't always been her love language, but through the years I've managed to teach her that needing affection is okay.

"Speak of the devil," I joke as Y/N walks into the room five minutes later with a grouchy look on her face. It's almost cute. Her hair is still all ruffled from her sleep too. "Here's your breakfast, baby," I smile at her and put down the plate of pancakes in front of her after she takes a seat next to her mama. I'm trying to be nice and forget about our little quarrel this morning, it's best to start afresh.

"I don't want these," the eleven year old complains as she sees what's on the plate.

"What do you mean you don't want them?"

"I don't want them. I want waffles instead," she declares, crossing her arms over her chest and letting out a dramatic sigh.

"Pancakes are fine. You can have waffles tomorrow," Nat butts in, causing Y/N to roll her eyes and start eating the food she's been given. "Y/N, seriously, this attitude is not on."

"This attitude is not on," the sulky pre-teen repeats in a high-pitched mocking voice. I can practically see the steam coming out of Nat's ears at this point, so I make the move to stand next to her and start massaging her shoulders softly, hoping it would bring her some sort of calmness.

-

NATASHA's POV

After a much needed telling off, I somehow by the skin of my teeth managed to get Y/N in the car so I could take her to school. Me and Ria take it in turns to take her and today is my turn, unfortunately.

The problem is, my daughter and I are very similar. So if ever she's in a bad mood, I see myself in her, which makes me even angrier because I gave my child my horrendous attitude.

"Why do I have to sit in the backseat still?" she whines. We've not even been driving for five minutes and there's been multiple complaints made.

"Because, you're eleven, and a very short eleven year old. What's wrong with the backseat?"

"It's the backseat! It's no fun."

"... As opposed to the fun you would have sat in the front?" I question, slightly confused but trying to stifle a chuckle at her reasoning.

"Whatever."

"Is that your favorite word this morning?"

"Mom, shut up!" she snaps and I'm slightly taken aback by her tone.

"Jeez. I'll put you in a booster seat if you're gonna act like a five year old."

-

"Yes, thank you, we'll be right there," I sigh before putting down the phone.

"Who was that, babe?" Maria asks me after walking into the room and noting my bad mood.

"Y/N's school. She got into an argument with one of her teachers. Apparently she's been bratty all day. She's only been there for an hour!"

"Little shit," Ria whispers under her breath.

Since I'm about to go ballistic on the girl, Ria decides it's best if she's the one to go and collect her.

It's our day off, we should be fucking our hearts out, not having to pick up our child from school for being sassy. She's always been a lovely student.

I know for a fact that the car ride back here will be silent. Whenever Maria feels herself getting angry at either me or Y/N, she stays silent in case she says anything that she'll later regret. She's a good mom.

-

"You have got a lot of explaining to do."

"He wouldn't let me sit with my friends!"

"Well, guess what? You're not at school to have fun with your friends, you're there to learn!"

This argument has been never ending since Y/N got home forty minutes ago. Maria's had to remove herself from the room so she doesn't get too angry, leaving me to have a word with our daughter.

"Y/N, I just don't understand what has gotten into you this morning. Are you okay? Are you overtired?" I ask seriously. Maybe there's something going on under the surface that we haven't spoken about.

"No, mama, I'm fine. You guys just keep pissing me off!"

"We haven't done anything," a voice from behind us says. "Look, you woke up in a bad mood," Maria starts, coming to sit down beside me on the couch, Y/N is standing in front of us. "And I'm sorry if you feel like we were making you angry, but that isn't an excuse for how you've been acting today. You called me a mean name, and you've been verbally aggressive. You even got sent home from school for calling a teacher nasty things. I... where's our usual sweet daughter?"

We're all exhausted. Tired from fighting with each other, it's not even midday yet.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes quietly, the floor suddenly taking her interest.

"For what?" I ask as a follow-up. She needs to know exactly what she did wrong.

"For being mean to you and mom. And calling mom a bitch..."

Me and Ria then make eye contact with each other. We have an understanding of what we're thinking, simply by looking into each other's eyes.

"Alright. It's... well, it's not okay. But for the sake of everyone's sanity in this house, we forgive you and we are going to move on like this never happened. Oh, except for the fact you're grounded until told otherwise," my wife decides and Y/N lets out a little whine in response. "None of that, please. Now get over here and give your moms a cuddle. We don't like fighting with you."

With that, our little love falls into our arms and we all indulge in a big group hug.

Finally, the hissy fit has come to an end.