tired

warnings: self harm

age: 15

reader isn't nat's daughter in this

-

Y/N's POV

I don't want to do it anymore. I don't necessarily want to die - or maybe I do. All I know is, I don't want to do it anymore. I can't.

Do you know how much easier this could be if I just had someone to depend on? Someone who could take all my worries away from me, someone to hold me when I need it. I'm so unbelievably touch-starved that sometimes it physically hurts.

I've been living with the Avengers ever since they rescued me from a Hydra base some months ago. Of course none of them have noticed how I've been, why would they? I'm not important enough to worry about.

Today's my first time training with them, they wanted to give me some time to settle in before making me do anything too strenuous. It's gonna be difficult since I have no energy whatsoever.

-

NATASHA's POV

"Hey, has anyone seen Y/N today?" Steve asks us as he walks into the kitchen where me and some of the others are.

"Nope."

"Not me."

"Uh-uh."

I'm not surprised that no one's seen her yet. She tends not to leave her room unless it's really necessary, which isn't often. And when she does leave her room, she's always super rude to everyone and doesn't bother with basic manners.

"Nat, maybe you should go talk to her," Wanda suggests.

"Me? Why me?" I question, slightly taken aback.

"Well you were the person who found her, plus she seemed to be least shy around you."

"She's been a bitch to all of us ever since she arrived!" I retaliate. I do not want to deal with that child.

"Come on, Nat. She's a kid!" Tony joins in.

"Shut up, Stark. I'm not her mom, I'm not taking care of her."

"Tasha, please. Every single one of us has tried except you. Remember when we were all trying to get her to go to her checkup with Bruce and she wouldn't listen to anyone until you told her to go?" Wanda brings up yet again.

"Fine! If you're all that bothered, then I will go deal with the detka."

"See! You called her 'detka'. You don't hate her."

"I don't hate people, Wands. She's just annoying," I say and walk off, making my way to Y/N's room. "Hey, kid. It's Natasha. Can I come in?"

"No!" I hear from the inside. This is what I mean, she's rude.

"Whatever, I'm coming in anyway." Maybe that was harsh - but Natasha Romanoff doesn't take shit from anyone.

I was expecting a screaming match from her to be completely honest, but I've managed to open the door fully without any protests.

"What do you want?!" she snaps from her bed.

"Easy, tiger. Just coming to check on you and you're not dead so I'll leave now," I say and turn to leave her room again, only to be met with an angry looking Wanda giving me a disapproving look from the bottom of the stairs. Okay then, I guess I'm not leaving yet.

"What are you still doing here?" Y/N asks after I've re-entered the bedroom and shut the door behind me.

"Look, I don't wanna be here either," I sigh. "I'm only here because the team want me to be. And I guess I care about you and I want to know how you're doing."