this is home

warnings: eating disorder, vomit

age: 16

-

NATASHA's POV

"Wanda, that was amazing, thank you," I smile to my best friend. She made the whole team an amazing dinner and we've all just finished eating. She's the only one out of all of us who can really cook. We can make basic meals or follow a recipe (to an extent) but not the sort of things she can make.

"May I be excused?" Y/N asks me.

"Sure, babe. You have a math test tomorrow, you wanna go study?"

"Yeah, I will." She quickly runs off without saying anything else and I see Thor start to take her plate.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. I'll do her dishes," I tell him.

"I wasn't going to take her plate out, that's absurd," he says like it should be obvious. "I'm finishing off her food, dumbass."

"Didn't she finish it?" I question and look over to her plate. Not even half of it had been eaten.

"Maybe she didn't like it?" Wanda suggests.

"Don't be ridiculous, she loves your cooking. I'm gonna go talk to her," I announce and start making my way upstairs.

Y/N's POV

That was hell! Don't get me wrong - aunt Wanda's cooking is amazing, but I'm not sure how many calories is in it and that scares me. I've been watching what I'm eating recently and I like being able to track my calories. Harmless, right?

Only a few minutes after I've sat down at my desk to study, I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I tell whoever it is.

"It's me," mom says and walks in, shutting the door behind her. "Hey, honey. How you doing?" she asks and settles on my bed.

"Good. Why?" I ask and turn to face her.

"No reason. What did you think of dinner?" she questions skeptically.

"Um, it was fine." I try to act as nonchalant as possible, I don't want her worrying.

"Sweetheart, you're not... are you okay?"

"I'm good. I'm just watching what I'm eating, you know? Tryna be a little healthier," I explain.

"Oh. Okay. Just make sure you're not missing out on meals, yeah? You still need to eat." That's why I didn't mention anything.

After reassuring her I was definitely okay, she reluctantly left my room and I got ready for bed.

-

"Rise and shineeee!" Mom says enthusiastically and opens up the curtains.

"Mama," I mumble sleepily.

"Come on, sunshine. Get up, you got a big test today and you need to get some food into your system before you go. I made pre-exam pancakes."

"You made pancakes?" Mom can't cook.

"Yes, believe it or not."

Not.

"Are they burnt though?"

"I... shut up. Wanda's making new ones," she says and lets out a laugh.

-

"Morning, lovey!" Aunt Wanda is way too cheerful for this time in the morning.

"Hey. These for me?" I ask, pointing to the pancakes.

"Yep. Eat up, buttercup. I have training so I'll see you later, yeah? Good luck on your math test," she says before kissing my head and leaving.