you get me so high

age: 15

nat isn't reader's mother

-

Y/N's POV

"Nattyyyy, it hurtssss," I tell Natasha in the whiniest voice ever. Today is the day of my wisdom teeth removal and I honestly cannot wait to get rid of them because they hurt like a bitch.

Luckily for me, Nat got to be the one to take me because my parents couldn't care less - they've always been super negligent towards me and as much as it hurts, I've always had Nat and will always have her. She made that very clear to me. Tasha's been a family friend for a while now, ever since I was twelve, and I ended up getting super close to her so when my parents decided to drop her, I still kept in contact because I couldn't bare to lose the one person in my life who actually cares.

"I know, sweetheart. I'm sorry," she says and kisses my head. "How about I carry you to the car? Then we can get going to get them out quicker."

"Yes, please," I reply and hold my arms out from where I was curled up on my bed in pain. As if I weighed nothing, Nat managed to hoist me into her arms and walk me down the stairs.

"Why are you carrying her? She's fifteen, she can walk herself," my mom says just as we're going through the living room.

"Because she's in pain, and I hardly think you get to judge considering you're not even the one taking her to get her teeth out," Nat retaliates and continues our journey to the car, eventually reaching it and she places me gently in the passenger seat, doing my belt up for me.

-

"Tasha, I'm scared," I tell her panicked from the seat at the dentist.

"I know you are, my love. I really wish I could stay with you but look, they're gonna give you pain meds so you won't feel a thing. Then when you're done, you can have all the ice cream in the world. How's that for a deal?"

I nod in response and tuck my head into her chest. If only she was my mother instead of my actual one. My mom wouldn't dream of being so nice to me.

-

NATASHA's POV

Y/N's been in the room for around half an hour now and I was reading through some trashy magazine I found in the waiting room when I hear someone call my name. It was the same nurse that got her prepped.

I quickly put the magazine back on the table and make my way back to where the girl who I consider my daughter should be.

"Natty!" she screams, being as high as a kite.

"Hey, detka," I laugh and move to sit down in the chair next to her. "How you feeling?"

"Soooo good. They gave me drugs and it turned me into an avenegerer."

"An avenegerer? Wow, that should be our new name," I play along and all of a sudden she starts crying. "Honey, what's the matter?"

"My mom hates me," she sobs out before it turns into laughter again.

"Baby, your mom doesn't hate you. She's just... some people just aren't meant to be mothers."

"What?" she asks cluelessly as she's staring at the blank wall.

"Do you not remember what you just asked me?" I question and she gestures for me to move closer and turns her head to whisper something in my ear.

"I found all your toys last time I was round your house, how often does Maria come over?"

My face immediately reddens at her words, she wasn't exactly the quietest whisperer and the nurse was still in the room.

"Don't worry, we've heard a lot worse," the nurse tells me and lets out a small chuckle.

-

"Come on, Y/N. Work with me," I tell the stubborn teenager as I'm trying to get her to lay down on the couch. We came back to my house since I didn't want her to recover in her own considering her parents weren't likely to take care of her.

"No! I'm not tired."

With a heavy sigh, I give up on trying to get her to sit and walk into the kitchen, getting an ice pack out of the freezer before returning to the living room only to find her curled up on my sofa, with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" I ask, not really expecting a rational answer since she was still hopped up on the drugs they gave her.

She tries to speak but nothing comes out, so I move myself to sit down next to her and bring her onto my lap, rocking us slowly.

"Woah, why am I on a rollercoaster? When did we come to Disneyland?"

I stop the swaying but keep ahold of her, waiting for the next ridiculous thing she comes up with.

"Here you go," I say and place the ice pack against her jaw, causing her to relax into me from the relief.

"Thank you, mama," she mumbles sleepily.

That's the first time she's ever called me that before. Surely it's just because of the pain meds. She didn't mean it, right?

"Uh... you're welcome, honey. Try and get some rest, okay?"

-

Y/N's POV

I'm awoken rudely by the sound of things clattering in the kitchen, I go stand up when I realize I'm not in my own house, I'm in Natasha's.

"Nat?" I try and say but end up groaning in pain instead. Oh yeah. That's why I'm here. The pain meds have definitely worn off.

"Shh, baby, lay back down," she instructs me and sits me in my previous position on the couch. "I'm making you some soup so it's easy to eat, it won't be long," she says before disappearing back into the kitchen.

Nat returns fairly quickly again, this time bringing two bowls of tomato soup back with her and handing me mine before sitting down beside me.

"This is really nice. Thanks, mama." My body freezes as I realize what I've just said. There's no way I just called her that. "Sorry, I meant mo- Nat!"

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to apologize. I like the name... but only call me that if you feel comfortable. Either way, I'm always gonna be here for you and I'm always gonna be taking care of you. I love you, my sweet girl," she says and lifts up my hand, placing a gentle kiss on it.

"I love you too, mama," I reply, this time not feeling so awkward or ashamed of calling her that. After all, she's the one who's been most like a mother to me. Much more than my biological mother. Natasha is my mom.