night trouble ( part two )

warnings: mentions of self harm

takes place somewhere around a week after part one

-

Y/N's POV

I'm very grateful to have Natasha in my life.

Ever since that one day during training where Steve knocked me down and Nat saw that I had hurt myself again, she's been spending a lot more time with me to make sure I'm feeling okay mentally.

Unfortunately, Bruce couldn't give me any stronger sleeping pills than the ones I had already tried previously. That's mainly because they would be far too strong for someone of my age.

It sucks, I'll admit. But it's better than having something go wrong health-wise.

As a last resort, I went to Wanda and asked her if there was any way she could make me fall asleep with her magic. But again, it was a no. Her reasoning was that she didn't want to accidentally hurt me by doing something she's inexperienced in, she's never done that for anyone before.

Not people that she likes, anyway.

So essentially, I'm still stuck in this unfortunate position where I can't have a good night's rest.

I think that's evident in the way I've been awake, staring at my ceiling for the past four hours. It's two in the morning, I tried to fall asleep at ten.

I believe I almost drifted off at some point, but my body did that random jolt and it woke me up immediately.

I'm starting to get angry at myself. Frustrated, is more like it. Frustrated and tired.

Without realizing it at first, I begin to scratch at my thighs. The bandages from last time have been removed, much to Natasha's disapproval. But they were irritating me and they were uncomfortable.

I know she said to get her when I feel like doing it again, but I really don't want to bother her. She needs her sleep too. Especially with all the meetings she has tomorrow. They're more important than me.

However, the longer I wait, the stronger the urge gets and the harder it is to resist.

The scratching gets harsher and harsher, to the point where I know I can't deal with this on my own anymore.

I need my Nat.

Guilt consuming me, I stumble out of bed and start walking over to her room, getting startled when I see Wanda walking up the stairs with a glass of water in hand.

She freezes when she sees me.

"Why is your leg bleeding?" she questions, unaware of my coping mechanism just like everyone else on the team except Nat.

I look down and see that my previous wounds are in fact bleeding again. I can't believe I forgot that I'm in only a baggy tee and underwear.

"Y/N..." she says in a warning tone, still keeping her voice gentle. "Have you been hurting yourself, baby?"

"Um, kind of. Yes. But I don't want you to worry. Nat knows and she's been helping me, I'm actually about to go and see her right now and I'd appreciate it if you kept this quiet from everyone else, please. I'll answer all your questions tomorrow, I'm just too exhausted right now."

Wanda's eyes soften as her lips fall into a frown. "Okay, honey. You can always come and talk to me if you need to, alright?"

"Thanks, Wands," I smile, allowing her to give me a quick hug before I scurry off to Natasha's room. I don't bother knocking, she's asleep, anyway. "Nat?" I say, trying not to be too loud. The last thing I want to do is startle her awake.