easy on me ( part two )

NATASHA's POV

We're all left speechless at Y/N's outburst. Have I really been paying more attention to Peter than to my own daughter?

Thinking back, I have been a little harsh on her. I mean, she was right. She doesn't need to train as much because like she said, she's better than a lot of us. And didn't she say something about her getting a B on her math test? She sounded so excited about it too. She's been working so hard to get her grades up and when she came to tell me, I just completely dismissed her. Oh, crap. I feel like a terrible mother.

"Natasha?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Wanda calling my name. "Go and talk to her. I read her thoughts and she isn't taking much more of it," she informs me. Right. I need to go get my daughter and apologize.

I slowly make my way up to her room, thinking about exactly what I'm gonna say to her. I haven't had enough time to figure it out as I reach her door.

Here goes nothing.

I knock lightly. "Y/N? Can I come in?" I'm met with nothing but silence, but I'm not surprised, I haven't exactly been very wordy with her either lately. I decide to just go in since I know I probably won't get a response from her so I slowly push open her door, expecting to see her on her bed. But she's not there. I check her bathroom after knocking to see if she's maybe in there instead, but she's not.

It's only then that I realize that her window is open. Just enough so that her body would be able to fit through. Shit. She ran away. Or rather, she flew away, I imagine. We're on the floor just beneath the roof so I doubt she climbed all the way down. What have I done?

How am I gonna find her? Think, Natasha, think!

And that's when I remember the tracker in her phone. All team members have one in case one of us goes missing suddenly. There are a lot of bad guys out for us. Luckily, I manage to track her phone fairly quickly before she gets too far, and I see that she's walking down an alleyway a couple of blocks away. I sprint down to the kitchen to inform everyone the situation and where I'm going so that they know if anything bad happens.

After around thirty minutes of driving, I finally see my daughter sat on a park bench, and it looks like she's crying. It's all because of me. Flooded with guilt, I make my way over to her, sitting down on the bench next to her.

Almost instantly, she throws her arms around me, starting to sob into my chest. That goes on for a good half an hour before she calms down and proceeds to speak up.

"I'm so sorry, Nat, I'll try harder next time I promise, I'll be better." My heart breaks at the way she uses my name instead of calling me 'mom' or 'mama'. She hasn't called me Nat since before I adopted her. I really screwed up here.

"No, my love," I start, "You are in no way in the wrong here. I didn't even realize what I was doing until it was too late. I should've made more of an effort with you. Yes, I love Peter, just as I love all the other Avengers but you, Y/N... no one compares to the love I have for you. You're my daughter and I made a mistake and I'm sorry. I'm gonna try and fix my mistakes because you don't deserve to be treated like that, okay? It's not your fault. I'm aware of what I did now and I'n gonna do everything I can to make it better, I promise." I'm also crying lightly at the end of my little speech. My daughter deserves all the love in the world and I took that from her.

"I love you, mama. So, so much," she says back.

I smile softly at her and tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear before kissing her cheek.

"And something else.." I add, "A B? Amazing! You've been working so hard for better grades and I'm so proud of you."

She smiles back at me and puts her head back onto my chest. We stay like that for a little while longer, just enjoying each other's company before calling it a day and heading back to the Compound.