six feet under

warnings: eating disorder, mentions of vomit, body image issues

age: 15

-

NATASHA's POV

I'm not sure what's been going on with Y/N lately but she is not okay and that's become very apparent. She doesn't join the team at mealtimes, I even tried it with just having me and her eating together but she merely picks at her food or only eats the 'healthy' stuff. She's also been increasing her training time, so much that sometimes I think she's gonna pass out. It's too much training for a fifteen year old. In fact, it's too much training for anyone, I wouldn't even be able to handle the amount she's doing.

I've wanted to bring it up for so long but I don't want to be making assumptions in case it causes her to push me away.

"Nat?"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Wanda, who's currently sat next to me on the couch.

"I asked if you thought Y/N was okay?"

How the hell do I answer that question?

"Uh... y-yeah, she's-"

"Natasha. Talk to me," I'm instructed. That's something I love about Wanda - she always knows when people aren't okay and when they need to talk, even when they can't admit it.

I don't even realize that I'm crying until she starts to wipe my tears with the pads of her thumbs and tells me to take a deep breath.

"Now, what's going on, my love? What do you need to get off your chest?" she asks and takes in hold my shaking hands.

"Oh, Wanda," I start with a sob. "Something's wrong with Y/N. I think she has a struggle with eating but I don't wanna be presumptuous because that's not fair but I'm worried about her and you've probably seen how much weight she's lost and I-"

"Tasha, slow down. Just take a sec, okay?"

For the next minute or so, I'm being held in a warm embrace and sobbing into my best friend's shoulder. The guilt that consumes me only makes me cry harder, this is about my daughter, not me.

"There we go. You're okay, honey. I know you're overwhelmed and I know you also wanna talk to Y/N about this, so just take a minute for yourself... and when you're ready, bring some lunch up to her and see how she is. If you think something's going on then don't hesitate to ask her. I'm here to help and support both of you should you need it, alright?"

I shoot Wanda an appreciative smile before replying, "Thanks, Wands. I can see why you're Y/N's favorite aunt."

"Well, I suppose I am pretty cool," she adds on with a smirk.

After taking a few moments to gather myself, I start to work on making Y/N some lunch. I just go for peanut butter sandwiches since it's simple and it's both of our favorite, she gets it from me.

When everything is plated up and I've briefly thought over the conversation we would have, I begin my way to her room.

"Y/N, baby? Can I come in?" I ask as I reach her door.

"Yeah," a quiet voice answers me.

"Hey, my little love," I say as I open the door. "I made us some lunch. Thought we could eat it up here together."

The fall in her expression doesn't go unnoticed by me at all but I decide on not bringing it up just yet. Instead, I can't help but take a minute to observe how much her appearance has changed. The dark bags under her eyes, the bones of her cheeks significantly more prominent than ever before, the exact same baggy joggers and hoodie she's been wearing for weeks.