unfair

warnings: mentions of vomit

age: 6

-

NATASHA's POV

As usual, I wake up this morning with a weight on my chest and look down to see my daughter sleeping on top of me. I've been trying to get her to sleep in her own bed and she's getting better at it, but most if not all nights she ends up sneaking into my room and climbing on top of me for some cuddles. Of course I don't mind it, it's my favorite way to wake up.

Smiling lightly to myself, I lean down to give her head a kiss but when I do, I notice something odd. She's warmer than usual, too warm for my liking.

Y/N has only ever been sick once before. She's had the occasional cold here and there, but she doesn't tend to get a temperature with those. But when she was properly sick when she was four, that was a nightmare. She gets very clingy and demanding when she's sick so if it's what I think it is, I'm in for a hell of a day.

Luckily, Yelena's staying over for a couple of nights so she can be somewhat of help. But then again, she's not the most intelligent when it comes to things non-spy related. Still, it's better than having no backup.

"Morning, princess," I whisper, stroking back some of Y/N's hair when she begins to open her eyes. "Are you feeling okay, my love?"

As expected, the answer was a very clear 'no' by the shake of her head, and she whines loudly whilst readjusting her position so her head is resting in the crook of my neck and she's sucking on my collarbone. I weaned her off using a pacifier at three years old, but she always wants the extra comfort when she's sick and since I no longer have any pacifiers, she uses my collarbone instead.

"Hii," Yelena says loudly upon entering my room, flopping down on my bed beside me.

"Shh," I quickly tell her, gesturing to the kid on top of me.

"Oh, shit, sorry," Lena apologizes, but once again I have to reprimand her for her language. "Whatever. Why is she sucking on your collarbone?"

"She's sick," I pout, explaining that she has a temperature and only sucks on my skin if she's not feeling well.

"Gross."

"Lena!" I whisper-yell as not to disturb Y/N. "She can't help it. As I recall, you were sick a few weeks ago so you can be quiet. You probably gave it to her."

Yeah, that silences her.

"Mama," my baby girl groans, lifting her head off my chest and sliding off me. "Sick."

"You feel like you're gonna be sick, baby?" I ask for confirmation, already getting out of my bed to prepare to carry her into my bathroom. She nods so I instantly lift her and place her on my hip, walking into the bathroom and sitting her on the floor so she can lean over the toilet. I bring a hand up to rub her back soothingly and it isn't long before she starts gagging, soon followed by her emptying yesterday's dinner out of her stomach.

"Mommy," she whimpers before once again throwing up.

"Mama's here, I'm right behind you, baby"

"Yucky."

"I know you feel yucky, detka. It's not nice being sick, huh?"

She shakes her head in response and then leans back onto me since she's stopped vomiting. For now.

"All done, princess?" She nods. "Okay, come here, my darling." I slowly scoop her up into my arms and place her on the counter to wash out her mouth. Just as I'm doing that, Yelena appears at the doorframe. "Lena, run the bath please. Lukewarm water, I don't want her to overheat."