Chapter 2

Warnings - feisty Reg, self doubt, loneliness, nosiness, argument about blood status, insults, throwing a book at someone, mean Peter, family rivalry

"I can't believe you know who I am," I said in shock.

"I make it a priority to know all the good players at Hogwarts. I study them," he said casually.

"Y-you study them?" I asked, a small thrill going through me at the idea that he'd studied me.

"Your best move is the Plumpton Pass, you're quite good at it," he said, still not even meeting my gaze. I was all goosebumps. How had I not met him before, he was one of my only friends' brother.

"You and Sirius aren't close, are you?" I asked. Sirius did not like to talk about his family. I guessed Remus was the only one who knew everything that went down. I did know his parents adored Regulus, and that Sirius had moved in with James a little over a year ago.

"I'm sorry," he finally looked up, slamming his book shut. "I didn't think we were blood bound friends, who could casually talk about family ties in a train compartment on the way to school."

"I'm sorry," I said honestly, and the glass shards in his eyes softened a bit. "I should've known, Sirius doesn't like talking about it either."

"Yes well, Mr. Carefree doesn't have to does he? He escaped," he muttered. I was about to inquire to his meaning, when the compartment door slammed open. In came a gorgeous dark haired girl, with two people I knew well behind her. Lucius Malfoy, and his girlfriend who hung off him like a koala, Narcissa Black. She was gorgeous, but she always looked like she was smelling something rotten.

"Reggie, you slipped off so fast I couldn't find ya," the dark haired girl beamed, and ruffled his hair.

"That was purposeful," he muttered, but I saw the corner of his mouth lift ever so slightly. I was shocked, this boy made of stone had someone who ruffled his hair and called him Reggie? For some reason I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart. Was it the regular jealousy brought on by loneliness? Or was it specific to him. It did feel a bit different from the regular loneliness.

"Ohhha, Reg! Did you finally get a girlfriend?" She asked in shock, staring at me as if I were an exhibit in a zoo. Regulus's cheeks were striped pink.

"She's pretty too," she said, congratulating him.

"This is y/n, she's a Ravenclaw. She just asked to sit in the compartment. We've only just official met," he explained.

"Oh boo," she fell back against her seat with a huff.

"Y/n, this is my obnoxious cousin Andromeda," he introduced me.

"Call me Dromeda, everyone does." She waved it off.

"A Ravenclaw?" Drawled Lucius. "Blood status?"

"That's not polite Lucius," Regulus tutted.

"Just because you don't care, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't," Lucius snapped.

"Hey," I felt a hand on my robed knee, a spark flew when I realized it was Regulus.

"Don't answer him," he told me. I was conflicted, what would Lucius do if I didn't answer him?

Lucius made a lightning fast move, and lobbed a book at Regulus. I whipped my wand out, making the book fly back at Lucius. It barely missed his head.

"Woah, that was some super fast magic," Dromeda said. Regulus was looking at me in awe.

"If she's half or a mud blood she can't sit in here," Lucius growled, shoving his now tousled, sheets of white-blonde hair, out of his face.

"Say that word again and I'll hex you," Regulus snapped. "She was here before you and her blood status doesn't matter."