Part 37

Info - Horcrux, taunting, sneaking out, unprotected sex, sex outdoors, mocking, cock warming, dark magic, parseltongue, mentions of toxic family, calling someone a slut

"Tonight my love," Regulus said as he handed me the Horcrux. It was finally the last day of this thing.

"I can't wait," I said and kissed his nose. We'd gotten back yesterday. I'd smoothed over things with Lily, making sure she didn't blab to James.

Andromeda had let our group know that we might have found a way to kill the Horcrux. Since we'd been so tired, Regulus and I had decided to wait a day more. The heaviness of the Horcrux couldn't steal my excitement.

The day passed so slow, until finally, Regulus and I slipped away from our rounds to the dark grounds.

"Do you remember our signal?" I asked Ted and Dromeda. Ted cast Lumos and covered the light three times with his hand to replicate the code we'd come up with. I nodded and took Regulus's hand. We walked toward the forbidden forest. He held his head high, but we were both scared. At least at the lake we'd known what to expect, here, well, no one truly knew all that lay in this forest. We had to make it decently far, so Hagrid would not see, yet still be able to see the place we'd left our friends. Finally, we found the perfect spot.

"Alright, pry it open," I said, offering the locket forward, happy to remove it from my throat. Regulus expertly shoved the dagger in and tried to open it.

"It's not working," he moaned.

"How do we open it?" I asked, my hope dwindling painfully fast.

"It's Slytherins locket, but I am a Slytherin so it can't be that," he mused. I stared at the thing that was shaking in my hands, as if it knew it's end was near. The snake on its lid looked particularly vicious.

"Parseltongue!" I said suddenly and Regulus looked guilty.

"I don't think-"

"We could try, I mean, the library must have at least one book on it, open isn't a hard phrase, we can memorize it and-"

"W-we don't need the library," Reg said, looking away.

"We don't?"

"I can speak it," he whispered. The chilly night air blew around us as I stared at him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I was terrified you would think it meant I was truly evil," he said dismally scrubbing a hand over his face. "My parents tried to teach but Sirius and I, but it isn't really something you can teach, you're left just mimicking if you don't have the natural ability. Well.... I have the natural ability. You're the only one who knows, I never told my parents. I knew even if it made them happy, it wasn't worth them knowing."

"Regulus, it doesn't mean you're evil, it's something you're born with, your line comes from primarily Slytherins, it just so happens the gift latched on to one of the good ones," I told him and caressed his face.

"And thank Merlin it wasn't Sirius! Do you know how many snake bites you'd have," I said and he laughed his dorky laugh that I hadn't heard since before the lake.

"I love you so fucking much," he sighed.

"I love you too, now let's kill this thing," I said. Regulus nodded and let out a gurgling hiss. The locket fell open in my hand.

"Stab it!" I ordered.

"I've seen your heart Regulus Black, and it's mine," came the voice of the man who had visited the Black manor.