Part 24

Warnings - abusive parents, bad friends. Lying and manipulating. Double agent, demanding public sex, use of sexist language

We sat in the library together and to my insane joy, Regulus was humming. It was such a natural, healthy thing. I was working on homework, and he was planning how to take down Tom Riddle or Voldemort, the ridiculous name Lucius had said.

"Mon Amor," he whispered.

"Yeah Reg," I said gently.

"Thank you," he said.

"For what?"

"For being an amazing girlfriend. I used to do all this plotting alone. I'd craft my mask alone. I knew I'd have no one to show my true self to after I put on a show, and it killed me. I can't tell you how much comfort you bring me just being here with me right now."

"I love you so much, I want to do everything with you," I smiled, laying my head on his shoulder. We'd held off on sex so we could focus. It was hard but we knew we needed to do it.

"I got you something," Regulus said.

"Reg, there's no occasion," I chuckled.

"I don't care, I've always wanted to spoil someone, and you deserve it more than anyone. By the way, the books you got me for Christmas we're really good, but also really dirty, did you do that on purpose?"

"Maybe," I chuckled. "You have to understand, you're incredibly sexy, and at that point I couldn't be with you."

"You're sweet," he nuzzled his nose with mine. He gave me a box. I opened it to see a gorgeous necklace. It was a stylized Quidditch broom with sapphire stars around it. I adored it.

"It's perfect," I said. "Thank you my love."

"Can I show you my plan?" He asked.

He showed me the people he was thinking of recruiting and the messaging system he'd thought of. He also tried to think of some of the things Voldemort might have been thinking, how he would rise to infamy. There was a word on his long list. Horcrux, it struck fear in me, even though I couldn't remember where I'd read it.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it, it's horrid, wait until we have proof," he said.

We were quiet for a long time.

"Do you think you'll win your match against Gryffindor lovely girl?"

"I'm not sure. I think James might go super hard after Peter's declaration," I said.

"It sounds like you think he doesn't always play his best."

"I think he does usually hold back against me, out of pity," I gritted out. "Promise you'll never go easy on me. I hate it."

"I won't, but I will make sure you're okay," he said, kissing my cheek.

"Why didn't we meet sooner?" He asked, drawing pictures on my hand.

"Sirius," I suggested. He laughed so hard Madam Prince glared.

"Is he our catch all? He's to blame for everything?" He asked.

"He isn't, but I wish I had a concrete reason. We could've softened one another early. I'm just regretful," I said.

"I get it baby," he said. Any pet name from the serious, hard, dark Regulus Black had me melting.

"Do you think maybe we could make love this weekend, I know we need to plan but-"

He kissed me deeply. I locked my arms around him neck and accepted the kiss.

"Of course, something I want to make sure of is that I always have time for you. Even if we can't do everything we want, I want time with you," he said.

"That'll be hard when you leave for Spring Break," I murmured.

"I know," he said dismally. When you were inseparable, a week felt like a year.

"I want to come with you," I said resolutely.

"What!" He asked in shock.

"I do, I want to come. Tell them I'm a pure blood elitist trying to earn the mark. I don't care, but I can't bear thinking of you in that house so alone and sad."

"I-I'll think about it but fuck, the love and care you have for me never ceases to surprise me. I adore you," he said honestly.

"Isn't it time for Prefect rounds?" Madam Prince snipped.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes. We got up to patrol the halls.

"Hello there." The familiar Malfoy drawl had me nervous. He came out of the shadows with Rosier.

"You ought to be in bed," Regulus said lazily. He had the Black Mask well in place. I put on my new mask which I thought of as the Slytherin Whore Mask.

"Not when there's a slut willing to be fucked," said Rosier excitedly. "Lucius told me!"

Regulus and I were horrified but hid it.

"What are you saying?" I asked in a sultry tone.

"Prove your promise, fuck Rosier," Lucius said with glittering eyes. "And let us watch."