Part 39 (The End)

Info - war, apologies, mentions of abuse, killing, death of friends, death of child, death of family, epilogue, unprotected sex, murder, torture, saving child from abuse, double agent, guilt

"Regulus is a Death eater!" Sirius shouted.

"I have the dark mark, but I have never ever aligned my views with the dark arts. My parents forced the mark upon me. Make me drink veritiserum If you wish. I'll tell you the same story," my husband said.

Peter looked sickly pale, Remus and James looked flabbergasted and Sirius looked so dejected I nearly called out to him.

"Wait, but, really?" He stumbled towards his brother.

"Why didn't you tell me," he begged.

"I tried to, was I ever evil to you? You believed what you wanted because things being morally grey don't make sense to you," Regulus's voice was hard.

"And you?" He asked me desperate for an explanation that didn't center him as a bad guy.

"I tried to tell you Sirius. How many times did I tell you that you didn't understand? I didn't want to fully give away Regulus's plan, in case someone brought it back to Voldemort."

"All this time," Sirius shook his head and covered his mouth. It was one of the only times I'd ever seen Sirius Black cry.

"Wasted time," I growled, and Regulus put a hand on my shoulder.

"You knew how horrible that house was," I said, to Sirius.

"Honey," Regulus murmured and I backed down.

"I-I did know. I thought you didn't mind, they never did the things to you that they did to me. You listened," he was still trying to distance himself from the consequences his actions had created.

"I need you to step back," I snarled.

"Regulus I'm going to lose it soon," I whispered to him. He gave me a sad smile. He kissed my cheek gently.

"Wife of mine, I know you are angry on my behalf, but as you told me, I can take care of myself. Just be here, support me."

I nodded, placing a hand on his back. He rolled up his sleeve. He showed the old scar to Sirius.

"This is where our mother sliced my arm because I suggested Kreacher be freed," he said softly.

"I've been thrown into bookcases, slapped, berated for hours, Sirius, they wanted you to hate me, so they separated the abuse," he said. I almost jumped in and said something about how he awoke with murderous eyes.

"And I let them convince me," he said, with a heavy voice.

"I'm sorry Regulus, I am so sorry, what can I do?" He said desperately.

"Make an effort," he said softly. James and Remus were next to apologize to us. Neither of us told them we forgave them. Peter did not come forward. I was relieved in a way because I didn't think I would be able to ever forgive him.

Later, before we did forgive Remus, James, and Sirius, who made a considerable effort, we had them watch our lake debacle in the pensive. Sirius was a mess after that and thanked me over and over as he clung to his brother.

As we worked in the order we got closer with them, and it seemed most people avoided Peter.

A year after our marriage we had an actual wedding. It was small, but insanely fun. It was in our backyard. Sirius was Regulus's best man. Ted, Remus, and James were his grooms men.

Andromeda was my Maid of Honor, and Arita and Lily were my bridesmaids. A small band played as we all danced. I was so insanely happy with him. It was easily the best night of my life, however, we didn't have many good nights for a while.