Chapter 56: Christmas Break

"You need to focus!" Bolt barks at me, I roll my eyes in frustration as I piece together the broken plates on the ground that were hurled at me. I use my newfound magic to effortlessly to piece them together with a gesture of my hands. I had improved immensely over the last 3 months. Everyday while Lucious and Narcissa were out, I would practice with bolt doing a new spell after I had mastered the last one.

Therefore, piecing together broken dishes was child's play to me at this point, today's lesson was deflecting objects thrown at me, Bolt thought that this spell would help me slowly learn how to deflect spells casted at me or disarm another witch or wizard, which was difficult when I first learnt it even with a wand.

Bolt levitates the plates once again before me, "Okay now I am going to slowly move the plates at you from different directions and you are going to move it out of the way before it hits you" he explains again to me. We were both getting frustrated with each other today as it was taking me a while to control the magic, and he was behaving rather impatiently.

The plates slowly one by one come at me from every direction. I move the first one out of the way, focusing the magic on it, however the next plate comes at me from the left and with the magic focused on the first plate it takes me a second to focus it on the second and move that away. The third begins moving slightly faster from above me, and I try to deflect it, however I only manage to move it out the way just slightly and it almost nicks my ear, as it crashes against the wall behind me.

"You are not focusing; you have become too comfortable and cocky now that you have mastered a few minor spells" Bolt yells at me.

"You are not giving me time to properly master it!" I yell back at him.

"That's your problem! You think you have all the time in the world, if you were to be attacked tomorrow, do you think your attacker will give you the time" he says flinging a plate at me, I quickly manage to break it into pieces before it hits me.

"You have gone mad!" I yell at him

"And you have gone soft" he barks before flinging another plate at me, I burst this one into pieces just seconds before it hit me, causing me to fall to the ground.

"Your problem is that you lack motivation as you are not in a high pressure situation" he says flinging two more plates at me, and I quickly deflect them both away to either side of me, but as I had my focus on them another comes flinging across the room at me so fast I was not able to control it, I scream as I stick out my arm, instantly bursting it into shards and causing it to cut my hand deeply.

"YOU FILTHY WORTHLESS CREATURE" a deep voice behind me yells out before a spell gets casted at Bolt knocking him against the wall.

I stand up immediately and turn around holding my injured hand ... and see Draco. He was back for the Christmas break, I had almost forgot he would be home today.

"Draco! No!" I say stepping in front of Bolt.

"Move out of the way!" Draco shouts, pointing his wand at us.

"No, it's not what it looked like" I plead as Bolt cowers behind me

"That filthy house elf just hurt you!" he growls at me, I couldn't tell if Draco actually cared or if he just hated his house elves.

"He wasn't hurting me; he would never hurt me" I say keeping Bolt hidden behind me.

"I saw him throw that plate towards you as I just walked in" Draco growls still trying to aim his wand at him.

"I swear Draco if you touch him I will..." I begin to say as I raise my hand in defense.

Draco's expression suddenly drops at the sight of my hand, he looked like he had seen a ghost or something.