Chapter 17: Sixth Year Begins

Walking onto that train, once again, in anticipation of my sixth year at Hogwarts, not knowing the challenges that were yet to come, I felt uneasy. I always hated feeling this way, these were feelings I used to push down, and hide with a confident smug walk and flick of my hair while watching people look at me in awe. This memory feels like it was so long ago, and I felt like different girl. I no longer wore preppy uniforms and green headbands, my hair didn't look perfect anymore, it was dark tangled mess.

I take a seat in the Slytherin carriage ignoring a couple silent mud blood whispers, next to Annabelle and Cherry.

"my two-favourite people, I have missed you so much" I exclaim as I throw my duffle bag with my uniform onto the railing above our seats. I placed a smaller bag with my coat next to me on the seat.

"you literally saw us last week" Annabelle says dryly.

"a week too long if you ask me" I say sarcastically.

"Surprised you aren't sick of us, after spending a whole 3 months together" Cherry says playfully.

"So, I have a plan for this year, you know to get back our social status in Slytherin" I say firmly.

"I thought you don't care about that stuff anymore" Annabelle says mockingly.

"I don't, but I do care about enjoying the stupid materialistic things that did make us happy at one point, and with everything going on with you know who and the death eaters, these things that were once stupid is kind of all we have right now" I whisper to them.

"she's right, we don't even know what could happen to us or this school, I want to make the most of this year" Cherry says agreeing with me.

"That's true; besides we are hot 16-year-old girls, and I'm not wasting all of this this year" Anabelle says gesturing to her body.

"you have been watching way too much Golden Girls miss Blanche" I say to Annabelle playfully

"If anything, you are Blanche, the entire summer you couldn't go 2 minutes at an event without finding a guy to make out with in the closet" Annabelle says accusingly. I roll my eyes at her.

"So, what's your plan of attack, it's not going to be easy since your secret got out" Cherry says offering me an apologetic look.

"that's because I stood down and walked away when Pansy went around painting me to be this fraud in everyone's eyes" I say to them. "this year we are going to walk into that common room like we used to, and we are going to slowly start tearing everyone from Pansy's grasp" I explain

"how are you going to do that?" Anabelle asks sceptically.

"I'm going to play her little immature game, and people didn't adore and worship me because I was a pureblood, it was because of my charm, wit and a little bit of money" I say with a laugh.

"I have very little faith in you, but I suppose you couldn't make our social standing any worse right?" Anabelle says mockingly.

I look over and I see Blaise walk into the carriage, last year he didn't completely ignore me, he was civil and didn't snicker with the rest of the guys when I would walk into a room. Although he did not try to be my friend either, however when he met my gaze, he offered me smile, not just any smile that cheeky smile I always loved.

"If it's even possible, somehow Zabini got even more good looking" I say to them as I rest my chin on my hand

"Murph, please not this again, he's an asshole, and not to mention a massive player" Cherry says disapprovingly.

"don't even bother Chambers, you know she's a sucker for a bad boy" Annabelle says as she rolls her eyes.

Me ignoring both them I wink at Blaise, and he winks at me back with a smirk. "I think I just found another guilty pleasure this year" I say with a sly smile.