Chapter 58: New Years Eve

I pick up the beautiful red dress I had worn Christmas night, admiring it after I had washed and dried it. I make my way out of my room and head towards Narcissa's room so I could leave the dress outside her door in the box it had come in. I was so grateful to feel beautiful, to feel like myself again just for that one night.

It suddenly just dawns on me that tonight was new years eve, in fact it wasn't too far from midnight I realise as I glance at the clock on the wall. How could I have forgotten, it was one of my favourite nights of the year, every year my parents would throw the most extravagant party that I would help organise of course, and we could stay up all night until all the guests had left so we could sit together and watch the sunrise of the new year.

A wave of sadness suddenly hits me as I leave the dress outside the room, never had I felt so alone in this house.

As I make my way back to my room, I notice a light on downstairs, could it be who I thought it was? I knew Narcissa and Lucious has gone to bed, they didn't seem to interested in celebrating the new year I suppose, there wasn't a lot to celebrate.

A small smile forms across my face, as I quickly hurry back to my room to retrieve something, I emerge quickly holding an object I had made wrapped in a silver cloth, this was a terrible idea, I knew it was which was I did not give this to him on the night of Christmas, but for some reason tonight I just didn't care anymore, I suppose in the end ....what do I possibly have left to lose ?

I make my way downstairs and see the light coming from the library, I walk swiftly over to the door and I slowly poke my head inside to make sure it was really him in there by himself, before slowly making my presence known as I creep inside, he promptly looks up from his book as he sees me from the corner of his eye.

"Sorry to disturb you Draco" I say as I walk over to him across the bookshelves.

"What do you want?" he replies coldly as he returns to his book

I nervously walk closer next to him on the couch he was lying on, realising I may be making a mistake.

"I realise this is highly inappropriate, and completely perhaps even stupid but I made you this... as a Christmas gift" I say handing him the wrapped gift in my hand.

He looks up at me in confusion, he was right to, why would I have done something like this for him,

He lets out a cocky smirk and rolls his eyes as to hide his genuine curiosity. He slowly begins reveal what's hidden inside the silver cloth as I say

"Its very small and completely ridiculous, but I thought you might need it when you return to school" I say nervously.

His eyes very subtly widen in shock, and he picks up a quill made of his white peacocks feather.

"What" he manages to mutter out as he examines the beautiful quill in amazement. A smile slowly begins to form on his lips, as he realises what it was.

"Her feathers are lying all over the garden so I thought you might like one, to have with you when you aren't home, I realise you enjoy watching the bird as much as I do" I say looking down.

He doesn't say anything or even look at me, he instead continues to examine the quill.

I decide its best to leave him alone tonight, I knew he liked it, that's all I wanted, I begin to make my way to the door before he says

"Thank you Margot... thank you "almost with a hint of desperation in his voice, making me want to melt. He stood up towering over me as he stood in front of me staring back with those icy grey eyes.