Chapter 28: The Room of Requirement

Draco's POV

I finished up the potion gathered my books and her cloak and stormed out of that classroom. Hoping she would be waiting for me outside, I made my way down the hallway trying to find her, when a hand grabs me around a corner of a wall leading to a staircase. It was her. She wraps her arms around my neck pulling our faces together.

"Stop" I say dryly, finding the strength to pull away.

"I know this is risky, but I couldn't wait, I want you now" she says breathing heavily, grabbing my hand and running it up long the side of her thighs, up her skirt, I couldn't take it anymore.

I throw her cloak at her, and grab her hand dragging her up the staircase, leading her to the seventh floor.

"Where are you taking me? There won't be any empty classrooms at this time of the day" she cries out at me.

I remain silent and drag her to the bare wall across from the tapestry on the seventh floor, I stand there with her thinking of what I needed in the room of requirement, as much as I wanted a bed to throw her on, all I could think standing at this same wall I stand at every day was that stupid cabinet.

Murphs POV

I was confused, why were we here, was he taking me into the room of requirement? I thought. Was he going to finally reveal what he has been doing here? The door began to appear through the wall like it did last year, I had no idea what we would be entering.

As soon as the door was there, he pushed it open aggressively, dragging me along with him. when we get in, he shoves me inside closing the door behind him, he looked almost annoyed at me and anxious about the room we were in. it was odd, it was like a storage room, packed with old dusty forgotten items.

"Fast huh?" he asks with a smirk.

A smirk creeps on my face and I begin unbuttoning my shirt,  and pull myself closer on to him, "so this skirt you hate, should I take it off or keep it on" I say with a smirk.

"I'm starting to like it" he growls as he picks me up, I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, his hands tightly holding my butt on to him. I kiss him eagerly, our tongues moving together, hungry for each other. He walks over to a wall still carrying and kissing me, he presses me against the wall, and we continued to kiss, I move my lips down to his neck making him groan,

"I missed you" he whispered, making me freeze at his words.

I jump down and let go of him. We both stare at each other looking equally shocked at the words he whispered.

"You ruined it" I say looking away

"I didn't mean that" he mutters turning away.

"I knew this would end up being a bad idea, this was so reckless" I say walking over to my shirt on the ground.

"what is that supposed to mean" he replies looking annoyed.

"I knew I was just kidding myself thinking that this would just be nothing but sex and some kind of fucked up guilty pleasure I would allow myself" I say buttoning my shirt

He scoffs, "This is nothing but a distraction" he growls.

"Draco there has always been something between us, no matter how much we hate each other or how much we try to stay away, we are always going to be drawn back to each other, and you know that too, which is why you said what you did" I shout gathering my things

"Murph I can't give you..." he begins saying before I interrupt him,

"I know, trust me I know, and I can't give you anything more either" I say apologetically.

"This was a mistake" he says looking down.

After gathering my stuff and putting my cloak on, I make my way to the door, but then stop. I turned back to him, "Draco, I don't think I can ever feel the way I feel with you with anyone else, I just want you to know that, I want you to know that I didn't lie, I am yours, I will always be yours, even if we aren't together, even if I'm with someone else" I say before turning away.

"Wait" he says walking towards me. I turn and look up at him, "You are right, as much as I did hate you, as much as I did want to stay away, I couldn't, I wish I was strong enough to stay away and keep you safe, but I was selfish" he says to me gently

"I was selfish too" I say back

"Murph you need to know the reason I treated you that way in fourth year, why I stayed away" he begins saying, "It scared me how much I cared about you, it scared me how much I cared about a mudblood, a kind I have only known to feel disgusted by, but when I look at you I see this perfect beautiful thing and it makes me feel disgusted about who I am, about who my family is, I feel conflicted" he growls.

I begin to tear up hearing those words I always knew he felt. "my feelings for you made me resent you in a way, it still does, but I would be lying if I said that was the only reason, because truthfully even if I didn't care you were a muggle born I know we could never have a future together, because of who my father is" he says looking down.

"I know what your father is Draco, but I'm sorry that you family had to go through that" I say to him, catching him by surprise.

"you are sorry that my father is a death eater" he says with a sarcastic chuckle.

"I'm sorry he was taken to Azkaban" I say sternly catching him off-guard.

"You are what?" he says bewilderedly.

"It doesn't matter if he deserved what he got, he was your father, and I know you and your mother must be worried and maybe scared" I say grabbing his hand.

"You cease to amaze me Murphy" he says to me with a slight smile. I see his expression turn dark and worrisome.

"Draco, what is it that you are doing in here every day?" I ask cautiously.

"You know I can't tell you that" he says turning away. I knew I shouldn't know what he was doing, but I cared about him, I wanted to be there for him, I could see how scared he was and how lonely he was.

"Draco, I want to help you" I say following him.

"You can't so drop it" he growls.

"I know its dangerous Draco, but I can see how pained you are, I don't want you to do this alone" I say compassionately.

"Really!? You want to help a death eater?" he shouts turning towards me. "What if I told you my task was to kill every single mudblood in this school, you would help me?" he screams.

"Draco..." I say in shock

"What if I had to kill Potter? Your beloved chosen one" he screams choking up.

"I'm a monster Murphy, and you can't help me or change who I am, now get out" he says coldly.

I begin crying, I didn't know what to say, or what to think, everything he was saying were things I suspected, it was things I chose to ignore, if it came down to him and Harry where would my loyalty lie? I ran out the room in tears, unable to grasp my realisation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope you liked the second part, I wanted to show how grown and different the characters had become since fourth year, while adding in a little bit of smut for the nasties.

I spent a lot  of time in the months leading up to the winter break, but next part will move through a little quicker.

continue down for Part 3!