Chapter 8: Unwanted Feelings

The second challenge of tournament was approaching and was all everyone was talking about on our way to Professor McGonagall's class, Harry still hasn't figured out the clue for the next challenge which scared me. I was dreading going to the class, I knew Malfoy would be there and this was the first time seeing him after what I did.

As I approach the class, I see Professor McGonagall waiting outside with Malfoy, which seemed rather strange. "Miss Murphy" she began to say, "mind if I have a word with you outside while everyone gets settled in, she says to me with a concerned look. I look over at Malfoy and he sneers back at me. What is this all I about I thought.

"Yes of course" I say as she takes me to side out of Malfoys ear shot.

"I have been informed by Malfoy about your weekly visits with the house elves in the kitchen, as you know this is against the rules as its completely off limits to students at all times" she starts to say.

In that moment I was speechless, I couldn't believe he told her, I couldn't believe I was in trouble yet again.

She then lowers her voice, "I'm sorry she says, between you and I, dumbledore was already aware of this, however he purposely looked the other way, as this was nothing but kind gesture on your part."

I should have known, Dumbledore knew everything.

"Please professor, don't make me stop visiting, they don't have anyone else, they are stuck in there and they look forward to seeing me! I exclaim getting choked up.

"unfortunately, it's not up to me anymore, Malfoy has threatened involving his father if we are seen giving you preferential treatment and allowing an offense that is usually punishable by suspension". She says firmly leaving me with an apologetic look as she walks back to the classroom.

Malfoy stands at the door waiting for me with a smirk I wanted to punch off his face. I storm up to him

"seriously Malfoy! This is how you get back at me?" I scream sternly.

"you can do whatever you want to me, but you had no right involving the elves, they are completely innocent in this." I cry.

"consider this as a lesson on what will happen if you ever cross me again." He growls.

I laugh sarcastically, "please what more could you do to me? This is all you had on me and you have already played your cards" I say with a smug.

"everyone has secrets Murphy, even little miss perfect, so if you ever pull a stunt like that again, I will do everything I can to find out what they are and destroy everything you have" he replies with a sneer.

My heart stopped for a moment, in realisation that I did have a secret I could not risk getting out not even to put this spoilt entitled brat in his place. I say nothing to him and turn away to enter the class, he followed.

As we get in, we realise we missed the first part of McGonagall's class and arrive seeing boys and girls paired up together.

"what is going on?" I say out loud.

"isn't it obvious?" Malfoy scoffs, "its practice for that stupid Yule ball" he says rolling his eyes.

"the what?" I ask confused.

Malfoy looks back at me confused, "it's the ball hosted during the Triwizard tournament, how does a pureblood from a long line of Slytherins not know what it is?" he asks suspiciously.

Feeling flustered I quickly say "I must have misheard you, of course I know what the yule ball is" I turned away from him.

"Miss Murphy and Mr Malfoy, unfortunately you are late and will have to pair up together for this practice, McGonagall says giving an apologetic look.

I turn around and face him, glaring back at him. He approaches me with a smug look immediately grabbing my hand and waist, I push him off me "what do you think are doing?" I exclaim.

I'm taking the lead" he says with a smirk, "don't tell me you are suddenly shy getting close to me now" he says with a mocking tone.

"No, I just can't stand being around you let alone touching you" I say resentfully.

"well its either we dance, or you disobey a professor's instruction, you seem to be a rule breaking streak anyways" he gloats.

I have never been so angry at someone before, I hated this boy, but I was not going to let him have the satisfaction of hurting me. "Fine" I growl.

Dracos POV

Feeling pretty smug I pull Murphy towards me, wrapping one hand around her waist and other in her hand, we begin dancing, she stares at me with an obvious annoyed look as she rolls her eyes. She was a lot shorter than me, and her body fit perfectly in my arms, her hair smelled sweet like strawberries mixed in with her perfume.

Not missing a beat, we dance effortlessly together picking up the steps fast, she gives me a surprised look

"what?" I ask.

"How are you so good at this?" she asks judgingly.

"I grew up going to balls, and social events with my parents" I say with a disparaging tone. "I can tell that's how you know you are picking this up seamlessly" I say dryly.

"yeh unfortunately girls from a high social standing family who can't dance, live a lonely a life, or so my mother says" she replies cynically.

For a second, I forgot she was this annoying perfect girl I despised and realised how we weren't so different.

Picking her up again and twirling her around, my grip on her waist slightly slipped causing her to fall forward grabbing on to me, and my two arms wrapping around her to secure to catch her from falling, we end up being head to head staring at each other, both of us breathing heavingly.

She jumps down pushing me away "you did that on purpose" she growls.

Me snapping out of it, I give her a snide look "you should learn better balance" I say mockingly as I pull back towards me and continue dancing.

She gives me a vindictive look, and as I take my step to the right, she sticks out her foot causing me to trip and fall.

She sticks out her hand to help me up and says "be careful where you step Malfoy" with a sly smile.

I reach up for her extended hand, and pull her down with me, causing her to stumble on top of me, our lips were close, I could feel her breath on my lips, her big brown eyes were locked on mine, and I remembered how I felt that night when I thought she would kiss me, causing me to push her off abruptly.

Everyone had stopped dancing and was staring at us. "what is everyone looking at?" I scoff.

I see Neville hurrying over to help Murphy off the ground, I see her smile back up at him.

I storm out of the class making my way towards the common rooms.